interior ? 66 lemans convert. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
interior ? 66 lemans convert.

Need some input. I checked the paint and trim codes and decided to go back original. As I liked the combo. Nightwatch blue with parchment interior and white top. I beleive it still has the factory(holey) top on it. May not but looks it. The top well is dark blue and I assume (yeah i know) is original also. I pulled the carpet and it was blue. The seats and door panels have all been dyed black but the original carpet on the door looks black. So summary. stock color interior.

Parchment seats, door panels tops of doors. (still factory white)
Blue carpet and blue top well.
Black carpet on doors.

Does this sound right? No blue on the door panels? Dash is factory black.

Sent ames an email stating my prob. They said no prob.

Called AMES and they said problem. No custom interiors at this time Parchment comes with black carpet and top well.

Even if can do blue carpet no blue top well.

No custom I took as they won't even put together a kit but supposed to call in the morn and talk to a specific guy.

Anyway my main question is just if the colors I think are original is correct Blue carpet and well. black on the bottoms of the door even with the other stuff being blue.

Someone has fixed some rust on this car previously and it was driven 96,000 miles when not parked inside the last 11 yrs And is in pretty darn good shape considering so I have no clue if the door panels had been done previously or what actually has been done. But remember it is extremly complete even has the orginal cigg lighter in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:56 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Killer color combination, IMO....one of the sharpest out there. Glad you're keeping it. Original equipment for your car is parchment on the seats, but black dash, dashpad, steering wheel and column, carpet, and door carpets. I've seen original black carpets fade out to brown and blue over time. Parchment interiors did not come with blue carpets in A bodies like yours, unless it was a special order. My bet is someone put a blue carpet and top well in it after the fact. Big Pontiacs of that era had parchment seats and body color interior contrasts: blue carpets, dash, column and wheel, or red, etc. Just not A bodied cars. I'm opinionated, but in my opinion, if you repaint it Blue Charcoal, and put the correct parchment/black interior in it, you will not regret it. You'll have the sharpest looking car on the block. I have a '65 GTO hardtop that's Blue Charcoal, and I love the color. Good luck.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

So does trim code 224-B mean anything special? There's some extra digits in couple of place's on the tag too that I cannot find an explination for. I figured it was all just special order stuff as the stamping look original

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

OK so the B is buckets. I swear that carpet was blue but maybe it was replaced. Seat belts are black. So maybe the top was done perviously along with carpet and a litlle trunk floor work. I might have put blue in also. So the parchment kit should be what I want.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 01:02 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I LOVE parchment interiors, they look so sharp!

KICK THE TIRES & LIGHT THE FIRES
Dreamin of Montero Red & Parchment White '66;
2004 LS1/T-56; LMII, Skipshift del, GMM Ripshift, K&N CAI, TC AutoOff, AVIC-7000NEX
1992 Dodge Dakota LE; 5.2L Magnum
2006 Kawasaki EX250
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 08:40 AM

Garage
Parchment interior has "white' seats, door panels, and door tops. Black dash and black carpet. It would be cool, but not original, to do a blue dash and blue carpet.....personally, I wouldn't mix carpet colors. (IMHO)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67sale 014.jpg
Views:	5309
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	11930   Click image for larger version

Name:	67sale 016.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	11931   Click image for larger version

Name:	67sale 003.jpg
Views:	2929
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	11932  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

I've decided to go with the original colors. Just had to make sure what they were. Thanks for the pic's EA. thanks for the other replies too.

https://www.gtoforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic18842_1.gif

1966 Pontiac Lemans Convertible
389 tri power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in