Duh, ok - so Bear's a moron....
After searching through my photo inventory and then my physical inventory, and not finding them, I ordered a pair of replacement side windlaces and waited for them to arrive, which they did this past Thursday. About an hour ago I was getting ready to put them on after recovering and installing the sail panel extensions to the headliner. I already had located the rear window windlace, and the trim piece that goes over it, after a frantic search earlier. I *knew* I had those pieces but it took me awhile to find where I'd put them for safe keeping - both the inner and outer that is
Then I found a third piece. Huh? what's this? I asked ---- then the light slowly, faintly, began to flicker on.. There is no "inner" and "outer" rear window windlace.
I had remembered how that all came apart "incorrectly" (hey, it's been 20 years - ok?) I actually had just found my original rear and side windlaces, duh
Good thing too, because the repro's don't look anything like them. So they'll be going back.
Speaking of recovering the sail panels... once they were installed I needed to glue the overhang on the front and rear to the tabs by the quarter and rear windows. I'd found out I liked the spray adhesive better than the brush on, so I carefully masked around the openings where it needed to go to keep it off my paint and applied it so it could set up a little. 'Cept there was one spot I didn't think to mask - the sail panel itself - so I shot adhesive all over the inside of one of the sail panels I'd just recovered - doh! Luckily I realized it immediately, and a rag moiistened with a little lacquer thinner, carefully and gently deployed, followed up by some GooGone and 409 cleaner fixed it right up.
I guess I'm getting excited and getting in a hurry now - gotta watch that