Routing for right front wheel brake line 65 Post GTO - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Routing for right front wheel brake line 65 Post GTO

Hello loyal helpers! I have pictures of my tear down of where all my brake lines go except for the long line that runs from the junction block over to the right front wheel. The diagrams in my manual and the Zazzarine book aren't all that helpful. Does anyone have a picture or diagram of how that line is routed and where the clips go and which kind of clip is used? I have new repro stainless lines.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Wob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just removed mine last night and have a couple pics on my diggy camera Ihavent uploaded yet.

Bascially it runs down the side of the frame to the engine cross member and back up the side of the pax side frame up the hose mount. There are two clips on the engine cross member

You can kind of see it here: http://ultimategto.com/1966/66_00181_5.jpg

Here it is on a 67 - its only a little bit differetna d should get you going:
http://www.squidsfabshop.com/gtoframe/images/9137bg.JPG
http://www.squidsfabshop.com/gtoframe/images/9134bg.JPG

I am pretty sure that bolted down tab on the pax side isnt on the 65 or mine was just missing it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in