stupid people - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
stupid people

why do people do stupid thing to there cars.i started taking apart the interier in the new car and had a nice discovery. when i bought the car it was off ebay so there was a few supprises. something looked of cause the car has ac but it had a 66 ac dash and a core support for a non ac car, 15 1/2 inches tall. i really didnt think much of it but now when im taking things apart i discoverd that its a non ac car. some retart hacked up the fire wall and the lower right side under the dash were the vents are to make the ac unit fit. and they used about 10 tubes of silicone around the unit so it wont leak. they failed misarlbly. now i have to weld in a new pass side floor pan cause it leaked like a bastard, try to fix the hack job under the dash and fix the fire wall.. why do people do this.. why why why.. one step forward three steps back..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Bobby, Stupid people are my bread and butter! If you want to do a flat fire wall let me know....I bought one "pre-cut". i'll give you the info, or you can use mine as a template. Eric

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

i was put that fire wall smoothie panel from abc fab anyway.. thanks

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 04:58 PM

Garage
That's the one I have!!

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I could write a book on what I have found while working on just the front end, here are a few laughs for your reading enjoyment:

........painted over dirt
............a large painted hump on the cowl just behind the hood seal, ready for this????? 1" thick about 4" long and 3" wide..painted over bondo. Some MORON scraped a pile off and left it dry. Drove me crazy or 2 years. While sanding I placed my fingers beneath it from the cowl moldings I removed expecting to find a hole. Took me 2 hours to remove it, the center never hardened was still pliable colors of orange, silver, and black it was painted over and over and over. I have a piece for show and tell.
......... Cowl above the firewall. Paint 1/2" thick cowl tag was not readable, took me 90 mins just to remove the paint from the tag, the valley at the weep plugs was a good 1/2 thick. It literally was scraped with a putty knife the entire length.
...... front sway bar had paint on it. YELLOW, red, black with a layer of painted dirt on it. Powerwashed it off watched it reduce by 2" LMAO,
.........PS pump bracket had 8 different colors on it.
........ hood hinges had 3 three colors of paint, was that thick when the spring coils were opened they nearly touched.
........ horns installed upside down they acted like catch basins for water my horns grunted when I applied them.
......... MORON painted car with moldings on it didnt seal the top of winshield which explained the waterfall at the rearview window. paint chipping now.
............. painted over rust
............ endura bumper form fitted the grilles, new ones didn't fit (restored oem ones) Had to cut rubber to get them to go in. Endura front was NOT painted with proper flex paint. This front will be removed next Nov and will be restored correctly.
........... vacuum lines installed wrong some missing
........... motor mounts shot engine sitting on return fuel line

OOOOOOOOOOO the list goes on but this one here is one item I would like to confront the SOB that did this and beat the hell out of him >>>>
front L brake line to wheel.. spliced with a COMPRESSION fitting on it less than finger tight..... it was chafing the chassis and it was just ready to give way. Buddy tells me once hard hit on the brakes and I was in for a world of hurt.
Costing me serious coin to get this back to spec. The entire front end was a hatchet job..... Red Green could have made an episode of this..... I am sure I missed some but talk about stoopid...... I had the cream of the crop work on this.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 07:16 PM

Garage
I feel for you Judge and Bobby, that sucks, idiots should not work on cars.. The guy that restored my 66 was not an idiot, he was a MASTER with Fiberglass! My car has as much glass in it as a Corvette. The rear lower window channel and trunk gasket channel was completelly fiberglass, no metal in it at all. Plus, he extended the glass into the package tray and built the rear package tray with speaker holes out of glass. Car had bubbles in front of the tires which started the destruction of the car. Also, the last owner was fighting rust, so he filled the quarters in the trunk with triple expanding foam, crazy.

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 08:26 PM

Good ole Forrest Gump said it the best "Stupid is as stupid does" the funny thing is that those people all thought they were doing the best job possible. Most people know they are smart enough to do anything better than the way it should be done.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 06:40 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Showgoat67 Send a message via MSN to Showgoat67
Well as ron white from the blue collar comedy tour always says YOU CANT FIX STUPID.

If it isnt a GTO then why are you driving it.[email protected]
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgoat67 View Post
Well as ron white from the blue collar comedy tour always says YOU CANT FIX STUPID.

Gotta love Ron White's "I got thrown out of a bar in New York City" story. Makes me laugh every time.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 07:50 AM
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)

I always thought they should teach a class in schools on idiots.
How to spot them, how to deal with them etc..........
The simple fact as crusty said is that they are doing the best they know how to do.
Each step we take, even if it leads us deeper into ____ still seemed like the best thing to do at the time.
even murderers
sad but true.
all we can do besides laugh is root for Karma!

Last edited by Topkat; 01-25-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in