I could write a book on what I have found while working on just the front end, here are a few laughs for your reading enjoyment:
........painted over dirt
............a large painted hump on the cowl just behind the hood seal, ready for this????? 1" thick about 4" long and 3" wide..painted over bondo. Some MORON scraped a pile off and left it dry. Drove me crazy or 2 years. While sanding I placed my fingers beneath it from the cowl moldings I removed expecting to find a hole. Took me 2 hours to remove it, the center never hardened was still pliable colors of orange, silver, and black it was painted over and over and over. I have a piece for show and tell.
......... Cowl above the firewall. Paint 1/2" thick cowl tag was not readable, took me 90 mins just to remove the paint from the tag, the valley at the weep plugs was a good 1/2 thick. It literally was scraped with a putty knife the entire length.
...... front sway bar had paint on it. YELLOW, red, black with a layer of painted dirt on it. Powerwashed it off watched it reduce by 2" LMAO,
.........PS pump bracket had 8 different colors on it.
........ hood hinges had 3 three colors of paint, was that thick when the spring coils were opened they nearly touched.
........ horns installed upside down they acted like catch basins for water my horns grunted when I applied them.
......... MORON painted car with moldings on it didnt seal the top of winshield which explained the waterfall at the rearview window. paint chipping now.
............. painted over rust
............ endura bumper form fitted the grilles, new ones didn't fit (restored oem ones) Had to cut rubber to get them to go in. Endura front was NOT painted with proper flex paint. This front will be removed next Nov and will be restored correctly.
........... vacuum lines installed wrong some missing
........... motor mounts shot engine sitting on return fuel line
OOOOOOOOOOO the list goes on but this one here is one item I would like to confront the SOB that did this and beat the hell out of him >>>>
front L brake line to wheel.. spliced with a COMPRESSION fitting on it less than finger tight..... it was chafing the chassis and it was just ready to give way. Buddy tells me once hard hit on the brakes and I was in for a world of hurt.
Costing me serious coin to get this back to spec. The entire front end was a hatchet job..... Red Green could have made an episode of this..... I am sure I missed some but talk about stoopid...... I had the cream of the crop work on this.