Aftermarket Shifters - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aftermarket Shifters

I have traded in my 1969 Camaro (381 SBC that ran 11.28 @ 121...4 Speed) as a deposit and will finish the deal with a 04 Jeep Liberty for a 2005 Midnight Blue M6 GTO. The dealer gave me a decent locked in price of just over $31K with chromed wheels. After recently driving an 04 M6, the shifter was comfortable, but definitely not setup for banging gears. Knowing gear boxes inside and out (my T-10 had 9310 nickel gears w/face tooth engagement & could be shifted clutchless), I was wondering, what everyone has been using for an aftermarket shifter upgrade..B&M Ripper??, Hurst??? I do not want to miss a gear, and bend a synchro. Years of racing and rebuilding taught me that the synchros are delicate, and once bent, are junk. Therefore, I would like the best shifter possible.

What is the best one based on your experience? Which one would you not recommend? Also, does anyone have a setup with a 3/8-16 threaded "normal size" ball and not the HUGE 16mm cue ball?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Forum Help > Test Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in