67 GTO Plum Mist Convertible - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
67 GTO Plum Mist Convertible

Back in 2006 I sold a beautiful 1967 Plum Mist 4 speed H.O. convertible at the Mecum Auction in St. Paul.
I sold it because my only child decided to got to private college and as a father I would try to do whatever in my power to help her.
Can you blame me for being a Dad!
Mecum says it was sold several times and dropped off the grid in 2008 , ten years ago.
However I checked the VIN number with my local DMV and the car is still in my name.
VIN: 242677B112714. It is a PHS documented GTO.
I contacted PHS and received no support,
Now that my daughter is out of school and I am retired I would like to see that car that gave me so much enjoyment again.
I am accusing no one but since I follow and have attended Mecum Auctions there is a tendency to see the same cars again and again.
Do they have a building full of cars they have or are waiting to recycle in future auctions and is my GTO there.
Once again, I am accusing no one just thinking out loud.
If you can locate my GTO based on the VIN there will be a reward!
Regards,
Mike
e-mail :[email protected] com cell : 612-590-1984 Contact me anytime!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 09:11 AM

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Garage
Someone most likely purchased it as an investment, like stocks, to squirrel away for future sale at some point. A friend of mine did this and purchased many cars for his retirement fund and tucked them away in a warehouse. As he needed money, he would sell his investment and retrieve the cash/additional profits. So many of these cars you see sold to "collectors" are often a means of investing their money in hopes it performs better than the stocks and no taxes need to be paid when they sell - only when the car is registered do taxes have to be paid, and why they do not register/title the car and simply flip them when the time is right. Sadly, this practice is what has driven collector car prices into absurdity.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
It may not have been transferred again in MN. If the title transfer took place in another state, I don't think MN gets a copy of that transaction for their records.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 10:39 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Mike, welcome to the forum. Believe I've seen this particular '67 convert before, was it prev shown at one of the big annual Musclecar classic shows that the land of lakes chapter puts on?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
By coincidence I was driving my '67 convt GTO in San Diego on Monday last and a guy pulled up beside me and called out that he has a '67 GTO conv' HO in plum mist! We didn't exchange anything more besides the usual "nice ride" etc and the lights changed... I have no way of knowing anything about the guy but I figure he probably lives in the San Diego area of S.Cal so you might try a search of the DMV records out here... there can't be too many plum mist '67 HO convt's left. Sorry I can't give you a better lead but you never know, it would be worth a shot... good luck, Jim. One other thing-- there is a Pontiac club in SD, they may have a lead on him and his car, you'll find them on the internet.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Was this your car? https://www.mecum.com/lots/CH1007-53...o-convertible/

Gorgeous!!!

2005 Phantom Black Metallic/RedHot/M6/17" rims (bone stock)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Buy / Sell / Wanted (1964-1974) > 1964-1974 GTO's and Parts Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in