Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Best tires under $800 2005 17'' rims

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  svede1212 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I will be picking up my new 2005 m6 GTO on tuesday!! It needs a set of four new tires to pass inspection. I am looking to spend under $800, but would preferably like to spend $600 or less. It has the 17'' rims.

This car will be my daily driver. I am looking for a tire that handles well in wet and dry conditions, as well as one that will hold up as long as possible.

Any suggestions?

-Sos

#4 ·
Trust me when I tell you Discount Tire direct cannot be beat. Not even by Tire rack. I purchased 4 sets of tires through D T D. I researched and researched and after my 2nd set I no longer shop I call them. I place an order and they are delivered in 2-3 days, no tax no shipping charges.

For my '05 I got a set of Hankook V12's delivered 495 which includes road hazard at 14.95 each. Mine are for dry weather, but on my Trans-Am is a set of Hankooks all weather tires. They area also nice.

Since then BF Goodrich has come out with a new tire similar to the OEM ones that were discontinued. I am happy with the Hankooks.

And the 100.00 rebate Rukee linked to...... HaveTire Rack try and beat it.

#5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. Has anyone had Kuhmos or their gto?

Here's a link to what I am thinking about getting. $382 after mail in rebate plus $55 shipping, and they have a lot of very positive reviews. However, the gto has a lot more power than most of the reviewers cars. Does anyone have any reason why these wouldn't be a good first tire for the tight budgeted?

-sos

Kumho*Ecsta 4X

#6 ·
I put Continental Extreme Contact DWS on my Grand Prix (I have Nitto NT05s on the goat). They were one of the Consumer's Reports best rated tire for all around wet/dry traction and longevity. Every tire gives up something so wear loses to softness and grip and of course price is in there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.