Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
noz34me said:
Edmunds lists the Mustang GT faster in 0-60 than the GTO. Is that the gearing or the less weight, or what?

Its Edmunds not being able to launch a IRS vehicle properly. You will see sub par # with many article drivers. They are decent drivers, but the GTO is a fickle beast to launch.

While the solid axle of the mustang is a floor it and pray car.

·
Registered
187 Posts
dealernut said:
Its Edmunds not being able to launch a IRS vehicle properly. You will see sub par # with many article drivers. They are decent drivers, but the GTO is a fickle beast to launch.

While the solid axle of the mustang is a floor it and pray car.

Lack of IRS is one of the first things that turned me off of the new stang and lead me into the GTO

·
Registered
432 Posts
Its true. 04 GTO 5.3 seconds to 60. Mustang 5.2 to 60. Now an 05 GTO, that is a different story. I left work the other day, and I see this nice red 05 Mustang on my butt. I punch it, he hangs right with me. Granted this was a rolling start, and I have a stock 04 GTO 6-speed. We backed off at about 90, so I don't know if I would have pulled away top end. I definitely don't think he would have passed me.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Edmunds is a BS site..........I have submitted 3 positive reviews on my GTO but guess what?....none have appeared ,instead they prefer to list the review from some goofball who says that the GTO lacks performance but is great on gas,and another from a jackass who says it needs more power because he is always losing races to station wagons,I know neither ownes a GTO but me, a legit owner cannot get my review accepted!
I can't take anything Edmunds prints as serious anymore

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have run an 05 from 0-80 had him by three, But my 04 has some mods.

·
Registered
108 Posts
While we are Edmunds bashing.........

I trusted Edmunds.com for one of those online quotes from the dealers. I filled out all the pages and submitted it. I start getting these generic "you need to get in touch with us about model info before we can quote you" emails from the dealers. Apparently, Edmunds never even sent any of the info for them to quote me on.
So, now these dealers are bugging the piss out of me about buying a car from them. On top of all of this, Edmunds gets me listed on the spammers active list so I get on the average 20-30 spam emails daily. Luckily, I used a fresh throw away email addy for this process as I had my concerns beforehand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.