Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the best price I could find was $30K plus 0% financing on a 6M w/ 17" wheels in Northern California. I have until Thursday morning to pull the trigger. I figure even if Employee Pricing comes back, GM won't offer 0% financing with it. There are still quite a bit of 05's available here, though most of them are 4AT and not 6M. Any suggestions, comments, etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
SLOGTO said:
OK, the best price I could find was $30K plus 0% financing on a 6M w/ 17" wheels in Northern California. I have until Thursday morning to pull the trigger. I figure even if Employee Pricing comes back, GM won't offer 0% financing with it. There are still quite a bit of 05's available here, though most of them are 4AT and not 6M. Any suggestions, comments, etc.
I'm struggling with the same thing, $30k w/ 0%. Thing is this sould be for an a-4. I drove it on a whim because they didn't have a stick and it was very smooth...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I thought about waiting, but the longer you wait the less selection you will have. I wanted a Red with Red interior. The dealer was able to find one, but a month from now, who knows? If you dont care much about what color, you could wait, If you are looking for a particlur color you might want to jump on one when you can. IMO.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Well the new GTO now falls into the same category as realtors classify land: "They ain't making it any more".

That said, go on the GM Buypower, and do your own research on what's available in your area, or any other area. I used that criteria to determine when I pulled the trigger on a deal for my '05 in January, and I've never regretted when I did it or the deal I agreed to.

$30K seems high to me for a new '06- - -but a lot depends on where you live I guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info. It was a very tough decision, I was at the dealer, ready to sign the papers, took a test drive, but something in my head told me this wasn't the best deal, so I walked away. We'll know in the next few months if I'm an idiot or a genius.

·
Registered
364 Posts
SLOGTO said:
If you want one new off the lot, be careful. The dealer here had five "new" ones and sold four when the 0% financing came out. The only one he has left now is an automatic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Car is almost already a year old by model standards. I'd wait. There's a ton left in my area too, and a lot of them are 6-speeds. Gas isn't getting any cheaper, and they aren't getting any more popular. Only thing I can't find is the right color (Cyclone Gray Metallic) with a stick. There's one in Indiana, and I'm sure if I wanted it, they'd go get it for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still plenty of inventory in NorCal, dealers still aren't willing to go much below invoice, at least not the 6-7 I spoke/emailed to. Thinking about flying down to SoCal, they more willing to wheel and deal.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would pay the 5k and get a new 06.........nobody wants someone elses headaches and over the years I have learned a USED performance car is hardly ever a bargain....almost always a reason it was traded in
maybe I'm just too anal about it but I like to buy things like this new and know the real history of the car and that it wasn't a dealer buy back or something some 19 year old kid beat like a rented mule for a year ....but thats just me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.