Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody running 02 simulators post catalytic converter?(with cat gone? Just soposing it decided to remove itself and walk away with no human intervention) I know these send the ECM 'good' readings to keep the ck. eng. lamp off, but I have also heard they can cause other errors if they f-up. If they are a waste of money I can live with the lamp. (On this hypothetical car) :D

G

·
the problem is, if the computer dont get a good code, it puts you in limp mode. And you know what kind of problem being limp can be when your ready for a ride !!!

If you were to remove the cat, you need (4) sims for the computer to understand.

G

·
nope, they are there for emissions mostly, but when removing them, the car gets 200% louder, and you need O2 simulators so the computer thinks they are still there. as for what goes in their place, a straight pipe welded in from a muffler shop.

G

·
big_mike said:
nope, they are there for emissions mostly, but when removing them, the car gets 200% louder, and you need O2 simulators so the computer thinks they are still there. as for what goes in their place, a straight pipe welded in from a muffler shop.
:agree to cap the noise you can also have glasspacks installed .. it will help a tad..
:willy: :party:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
big_mike said:
If you were to remove the cat, you need (4) sims for the computer to understand.
Why 4? Thefront 2(pre cat) will still manage the engine.The simulated rear ones will be needed for a fake "emissions are O.K. right now" signal.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think it depends on the type of vehicle and cat design. I (hypothetically) took the cat off of my 2.2 Sonoma, and it made a noticable diffrence. Did add a mild backfire, though. EVERYBODY on the road NEW what a torque monster I was driving! :D

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GTODEALER said:
Hey Pearl, that's a really ugly sticker on the side of your car....... :rofl:J/K
http://gtoforum.com/etfh'gpi]gi[r\h\i\haa would not fit!! :D :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.