Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...new here. Thought I'd try out a different smaller forum. Too many clowns and wannabe's on some of the other larger sites. Gets too complicated trying to sort through the BS to get some knowledgable information.
So, here is my delema:
I have installed the preditor performance tune and slightly advanced the timing. Im very happy with the tuner. Have not had any of the issues many talk about. Car runs like a friggin cheetah! So, the other day I'm in real time just for fun. Everything is right on the money as far as LTFT's (+2/-1.78)....and all 0.00 at WOT.
Problem: 3 out of 4 02s are running aprox. 880-920 mv...thats good...But, 1
is at 58mv at idle and only gets to 300 at WOT. Then it will occasionally jump to around 800 for a moment, then drop back in the 100's. :willy:
Wadda ya think? Bad 02 sensor? I get no SES or codes of any type.

Thx,
Bill

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Route 66 said:
Hi all...new here. Thought I'd try out a different smaller forum. Too many clowns and wannabe's on some of the other larger sites. Gets too complicated trying to sort through the BS to get some knowledgable information.
So, here is my delema:
I have installed the preditor performance tune and slightly advanced the timing. Im very happy with the tuner. Have not had any of the issues many talk about. Car runs like a friggin cheetah! So, the other day I'm in real time just for fun. Everything is right on the money as far as LTFT's (+2/-1.78)....and all 0.00 at WOT.
Problem: 3 out of 4 02s are running aprox. 880-920 mv...thats good...But, 1
is at 58mv at idle and only gets to 300 at WOT. Then it will occasionally jump to around 800 for a moment, then drop back in the 100's. :willy:
Wadda ya think? Bad 02 sensor? I get no SES or codes of any type.

Thx,
Bill
While I'm no expert, it sounds like a bad 02 to me....should all be the same or very close.. :cheers

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...Thats what I gathered....just surprised I didnt throw a code of some sort. Anyhoo, I found a place localy that does custom exhaust...They have all the tools..gonna let them take a peek.

Bill

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Route 66 said:
Thanks...Thats what I gathered....just surprised I didnt throw a code of some sort. Anyhoo, I found a place localy that does custom exhaust...They have all the tools..gonna let them take a peek.

Bill
Cool, it didn't throw a code probably because it was still within "spec", it was only a matter of time...... :willy:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boo-Hoo! Turned out to be a faulty cat.
Gonna be a PITA to to get this off...the whole system is tac welded :willy:

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
Route 66 said:
Welcome to GTOforum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts