·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From NewAgeGTO.com
http://www.newagegto.com/forums/printthread.php?t=5759

----------------------------------------------------------------------

JJay374 03-04-2006 05:59 AM
Does anyone think that it was just a plow by GM to get their selling numbers up, by telling everyone that the GTO was not going to be produced after 2006. I just bought my GTO on 25 Feb 06, when I went the dealer showed me the number of GTO's he had prior to the news GM was not going to sell anymore, and how many he sold after the announcement. He had 13, sold 10 in a week after the announcement. Just wondering everyones opinion.

On another note this is my very first GTO, was an avid Mustang guy, but this car is amazing!:D

:cheers :party: :cool

·
Registered
51 Posts
My guess is that you have to look at the 94-96 Impala SS for a comparison. They declined in value until about 2001-2002. Now a 9-10 car will bring mid 20's. Just a bit more than they did when they were new. However, the price is escalating, not declining. It will be interesting to see what they bring in a few years. It's a long time to wait, and I personally wouldn't baby the car until it becomes a collector car. Cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed, especially these cars.

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
Robertr2000 said:
From NewAgeGTO.com
http://www.newagegto.com/forums/printthread.php?t=5759

JJay374 03-04-2006 05:59 AM
Does anyone think that it was just a plow by GM to get their selling numbers up, by telling everyone that the GTO was not going to be produced after 2006. I just bought my GTO on 25 Feb 06, when I went the dealer showed me the number of GTO's he had prior to the news GM was not going to sell anymore, and how many he sold after the announcement. He had 13, sold 10 in a week after the announcement. Just wondering everyones opinion.

On another note this is my very first GTO, was an avid Mustang guy, but this car is amazing!:D

:cheers :party: :cool
Now go have fun and race some Mustangs!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.