Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, what are most 04's going for these days? Can I expect to get one for less than 17k in the near future? I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and get another car (most likely a GTP) or wait for a GTO to get in my price range.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Suggest you check Autotrader and see what people are asking. Subtract $1-$2K from asking price and there you are.

I personally can't see a used '04 going for any more than $17K given the fact you could buy one new in Dec. '04 for about $19.5K with all the incentives.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
noz34me said:
I personally can't see a used '04 going for any more than $17K given the fact you could buy one new in Dec. '04 for about $19.5K with all the incentives.
is that right? If that's the case then how much are these dealers willing to do down to?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gto_lady04 said:
I've seen a few '04's listed around, but most list for around $25k.

I guess this only means there holding there value and then some!!

Again this is just what I've seen them listed for in papers and such, hope you can do better!!

Monica
thanks, i'm thinking at this point it may be smarter to hold off on a goat till i'm out of college. No use biting off more than i can chew.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
CrabhartLSX said:
thanks, i'm thinking at this point it may be smarter to hold off on a goat till i'm out of college. No use biting off more than i can chew.
:agree

Gas is skyrocketing and these cars are hungry for it. Oil changes at least double or triple other cars that can use dino oil; not to mention that at most colleges the cars take a beating. I think that's a smart decision.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Never heard of them going that low -- unless that's including some GM Card incentives or something.
Yes, that included all GM card incentives as well. GM Card offered to double GM points and throw in a $5K bonus as well.

I, and others had firm offers at $19K on 6M '04 GTO's.

Couldn't get past the new '05's having the LS2 and other improvements, so I passed, and bought my '05 new in January for $23.7K, again with available incentives including GM card.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.