Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
NT91 said:
Is the 04 GTO that big of a dog to the 05 GTO?
Well, the '04 is a 5.7 and the '05 is a 6.0. So, since the 05's have .3 liters shaved off of the block, that would mean that they weigh less. So, YES! The '04 is that big of a dog! :lol:

This is a JOKE! DO NOT take it any other way! I love the 04's.

·
Registered
358 Posts
GTODEALER said:
partly because I haven't had an 05 outrun me yet..... I enjoy the basic styling of the 04's, but that's just me. :cheers
That's because you haven't raced me yet! :rolleyes:

J/K Fat Bitch! :cheers

Both cars are awesome. It's all about who has more money and time to sink into them! ;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Stock, my '04 put down 310 rwhp (dynojet)

At dyno day saw several 05's stock around low 330's

aint' stock no more and can damn near see the gas gauge move.

instant econ down to 2.2 mpg on hard accell :rofl:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have raced a couple of 05's at the track, it really is the driver. my GTO ran consistent 13.8s. One 05 ran 13.5 the other could not run quicker than 13.9. As for racing a Mach1 I raced an 04 and wiped the street with him.:D

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
The only 04 GTO I have run/ watched and compared had Nitrous. He ran out of nitrous and dropped from 12.5 to 13.8-14.1. It was an a4. That same night i was running 13.4- 13.7, with one run that was13.2. As an average I was .4 to .5 faster. These were not equal though as his had an intake, and he was icing it down with every run. Plus it was the old A4 vs. M6 question.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.