Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The needle will jump up a few ticks when driving in the city (stop and go) the heater will also be somewhat hot. When it's on the highway it'll cool all the way back down and the heater then blows cold. Changed the t-stat and housing today and tested the old t-stat it opened at about 190*...what gives?

·
Registered
327 Posts
The needle will jump up a few ticks when driving in the city (stop and go) the heater will also be somewhat hot. When it's on the highway it'll cool all the way back down and the heater then blows cold. Changed the t-stat and housing today and tested the old t-stat it opened at about 190*...what gives?
I take it the radiator or bottle is full/filled?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Are your fans running all the time? They shouldnt come on until the car heats up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd believe so, never seen the coolant level in the reservoir change. Hard to be for sure without a rad cap lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically i'm an idiot i reckon. Used the "secret" coolant temp on the menu and it got to 190 and dropped and went back blah blah. While the manual gauge only jumped up a few ticks. (this is going to annoy me to no end but whatever i guess) The heater could still be hotter, heater core?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts