Pontiac GTO Forum banner

04 gto???

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LarryM 
#1 ·
Just wonderin if ya'll had any good/bad things to say bout your gto's? Time for a new ride and the gto looks pretty nice, would like the 05 but the rebates and interest on 04 looks pretty good, and i am not a big fan of the new hoods, but the split dual exhaust looks pretty nice. Need a car pretty quick, the truck :shutme is about to break me, tired of fixin things. Anyway any info would be appreciated. Went to look in old primered farm truck but no one would come and unlock the car for me.....not buying the goat there guess gotta get the 2000 goin before they take me seriously.

#2 ·
Doesn't that just tick you off when salesmen stereotype you? Being a female, I got that big time... at first... when I bought my GTO. I did not take my husband with me. He was against my getting the car but I just had to have it. The salesman was nice, but obviously patronizing, until I started spouting off statistics and comparisons from the research I'd done. He kinda took on a different attitude after that! Anyway, I'm lovin' it. Like someone else said in another post, I haven't found another vehicle yet that's willing to take me on at a red light... and I'm a girl!! ;)

#3 · (Edited)
It may not be a "stereotype" thing at all. I'm a (sort of) middle aged white guy, the kind the dealer should be falling all over when I walked in the door. Yet I was inside for over 20 minutes, opening and closing the doors and generally crawling all over the GTO they had in the showroom before one of the sales guys finally asked if someone was taking care of me.

On one hand, they do want to give you some time to just look around, (I hate when they jump on you as soon as you walk in) but this did stretch that idea.

The guy that did finally talk to me later asked how long I'd been there and blanched slightly when I told him how long. It did turn out to be an overal positive experience, that sales guy and I have gone on to become somewhat buds, trading CDs and such.

So hang in there! If you really want to buy one, maybe the thing to do would be to walk in and annouce: "Gee I hope this big wad of money in my pocket doesn't fall out!" ;)

Oh and Way to Go Lisa! My wife wouldn't even come IN the dealer until she had to start signing papers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.