Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is there a $100 price difference for the 04 Lingenfelter CAI ? And can anyone find this thing cheaper, like in the $200s?

I'm also interested in the AEM Brute Force Intake.

What would the better buy be?

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
IPOCKALYPSE said:
If I'm not mistaken, the 05/06 uses the stock intake tube and the 04 doesn't. So for the 05/06's all you get is the heat shield and the filter.
yup you're right. that's a lot for a filter. the stock box has a heat shield too so you're only improving the filter area. that they don't provide cool air is why i stayed away from them and made my own better working one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
svede1212 said:
yup you're right. that's a lot for a filter. the stock box has a heat shield too so you're only improving the filter area. that they don't provide cool air is why i stayed away from them and made my own better working one.
How? And where did you source parts? And what tools did you use?

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
my ss intake here

Hardcore intake here

you can use the hardcore parts list if you don't like my setup but you'll get the best results if you at least follow my examples of sheilding the intake from hot radiator air and replacing the IAT sensor with the faster acting one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
svede1212 said:
my ss intake here

Hardcore intake here

you can use the hardcore parts list if you don't like my setup but you'll get the best results if you at least follow my examples of sheilding the intake from hot radiator air and replacing the IAT sensor with the faster acting one.
I am not gunna use either of those because of the proximity to water... where I have we get biiiig puddles sometimes lol

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
ya, i don't drive mine in the rain so it's not a problem. i think the principles could be applied to commercial type intakes by using the underfender location to scoop the air and bringing it into the open box on the intake. unless you were to submerge the scoop it's should be fine for rainy weather. either that or you're going to have to compromise and not get a true cool intake...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.