Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been workin on my exhaust and shortened my h pipe some and I looked in side to find the holes for the cross pipe and they never cut them out

·
Registered
1967 400/400
122 Posts
I have no idea. I wanted a new gen but I never bought one. If it has the piping, but no holes, then I would correct that. In that car, it would definitely improve performance.

·
Registered
1967 400/400
122 Posts
I agree 100 .... Im already out running 8 speed charger rt
I have an 8 speed, Hemi Jeep and I love it because of the 4wd. Chargers can't hook up worth a darn, so the right suspension setup on your GTO will be a big asset. My GTO has so much more power than my Vette, but the GTO sits and roast tires, while the Vette is disappearing down the road! They have great aftermarket susp parts for the new gen GTO's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it definitely needs suspension upgrade and wider tires ... ... I raced a charger rt from a 60 roll and we was neck and neck to 110 .... but the 8 speed shifted and I pulled a car length to125 in 3rd ... I don't think the hemi has much top end either coming stock ......

·
Registered
1967 400/400
122 Posts
Yea it definitely needs suspension upgrade and wider tires ... ... I raced a charger rt from a 60 roll and we was neck and neck to 110 .... but the 8 speed shifted and I pulled a car length to125 in 3rd ... I don't think the hemi has much top end either coming stock ......
It's all very subjective, but the GTO is a fantastic platform with massive potential. Set it up right and tight, and no one will take you. Most of the Chrysler crowd with the modern Hemi's, just buy the cars and then go hunting the streets for races. The'yre fast out of the box, but there's no substitute for skill and tuning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts