Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G Day to all,

When I was checking out the new 05 on the lot I noticed that there was a silver 04 with a split dual exhaust system. The sticker didn't give any details on who made it but I checked out the bumper and it is a cast replacement (not cut to fit the new pipes). Does anyone know who makes this bumper or is it another GM SLP part? Thanks! :willy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is exactly what some of us are searching/waiting for instead of making a "hack job" out of our OEM bumper. Some have made the cut out themselves, but I am not ready to make that leap. Would love to split the exhaust to L & R.
Did it look like the JBA rear end pic posted on various thread?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where in NC did you see it? I'm in Raleigh and will swing by and check it out if it's around here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's at Bob King Pontiac in Wilmington. It's a Silver 04 automatic, the tailpipes look like that off of the autocross 05! That is without all the extra bumper stuff.

·
Registered
161 Posts
C'Ville GTO said:
This is exactly what some of us are searching/waiting for instead of making a "hack job" out of our OEM bumper. Some have made the cut out themselves, but I am not ready to make that leap. Would love to split the exhaust to L & R.
Did it look like the JBA rear end pic posted on various thread?
go to www.lmperformance.com and look under the GTO exterior. They have a new nose, split exhaust tail and rocker panels in a package. I personally like the nose. It gives the car a lower more agressive look. I'm keeping the the rear the same though and as of yet they only offer the parts as a kit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I liked the kit on that page. Very cool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey guys, my buddy at mieneke in wilmington did the dual exhaust on the silver one at Bob King. The dealership has a body shop and cut the bumper and fibergalssed to where you can't even tell before it went to mieneke. The sales men says they did it cause they were having problems selling so they put a little into it. Looks real good and uses the factory mufflers just custom tailpipes > I've got a silver one in wilmington with Slp cat back. Where in wilmington are you guys hiding? I never see a gto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts