Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get an 04, brand new, 6M, pulse red for 23,750. Anyone have any thoughts if this is the bottom an 04 can be bought for?

·
Registered
674 Posts
that is 2000 less than i am paying for my silver one that i pick up tomorrow. I got my for 25400 less 2000 in gm card funny money.

if you can lease it i suggest you do.

where are you located?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New England, dealer said more rebates came in today, Im assuming the $5500 rebate came in. First wanted $26,750 and then today dropped it another $3000.

·
Registered
674 Posts
at the same time they lowered the residual on a smartbuy by 4000 and raised the interest rate from 3.5% to 8.25%. I may have to re crunch the numbers and see if I want to buy it for 23500 if the dealer matches it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
'04 Prices

A local dealer here in Austin, Tx said he can do an '04 (any of the 4 on the lot) for $25,600. GM "Smart Buy" would allow the car to be driven off the lot with no money down and payments between $300 and $400/month at 3.9%. Of course, there's that huge balloon payment of around $15K in 4 years to contend with....or trade it back in for a new one. This was as of Wednesday after the $5500 rebates were announced. I haven't talked with him since then, but thinking of trying another competitor tomorrow and see what they have to offer.
Now's the best time to buy a car. Tax time is coming up in 3 weeks, the '05s are coming..... and there are alot of GTO's still on the lots. I think they're getting nervous :D

~Ronbo

·
Registered
5 Posts
toyotatom said:
I can get an 04, brand new, 6M, pulse red for 23,750. Anyone have any thoughts if this is the bottom an 04 can be bought for?
Did that price include the $5500 rebate and the $2000 gm card money?

·
Registered
674 Posts
ronbo,
I think you are SOL on the smartbuy. I signed on thursday night and the residual was about 18500. on friday night the residual went down to about 14700 and the interest went from 3.5 to 8.25!

bottom line, it took GM a few hours to realize pricks like me were smartbuying a GTO for civic money and they dont want the cars back in three years.

toyotatoms deal is about as good as anyone will get. thats 23500 for a non red car less any gmcard money or 21500. at 2.9 for four years that is a great deal. cant get a camry for that money. plus if after three years you want to sell it and you get the 12k i think it will be worth you will not have gotten slaughtered like the poor folks that paid over sticker six months ago.

tom, the gm card thing is if someone had a gm credit card they earn 5% towards the purchase of a car. gm sent out a flier last month the increased my 900 earnings to 2000 if i buy by jan 3.

if someone you know/trust has a card with the bonus money they can add you to the card and you can redeem their earnings towards the gto. whatever you work out with them would be your business.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts