Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
cr125 said:
anybody know what the resale value or trade in would be on an 04 gto? im thinkin bout buying an 04 for cheap then trading it in for an 05 later.
I think its www.kbb.com for the Kelly blue book value, but I'd have to guess that it would not be a financially frugal thing to do. Remember that all cars depreciate 1000's as soon as you drive them off the lot.

Now if you wanted to SKIP a year and get an 06 next, then you'd probably be close on a good deal... perhaps if you leased for two years.

---Larry

·
Registered
51 Posts
I suspect resale is not going to be great, but trade value could be abysmal, especially at the Pontiac dealer.

Right now many Pontiac dealers (at least around here, and I would assume many places) are still overstocked on 2004 GTO's which they are trying to give away from $25K-$27K. Say you buy one. Next year you come back and want to trade it in on a 2005. Working against you first off is that these cars are not big sellers new with huge discounts, so a used one will be even more difficult for the dealer to move without a significant price drop. The second thing that will hurt is the 2005 itself. The LS2 motor in the 2005's alone will also hurt the 2004 MY's resale value. If I were buying next year, it would take a big financial benefit to take a used 2004 LS1 over a new 2005 LS2. The Pontiac dealer will not give much up in trade for a low demand car that is already antiquated by a revised model. You would lose a ton of money!

The 2005'swill be out in just a couple months at most. If you really want an '05, just be patient. They are on the way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.