Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what the Mopar stage 2 kit consists of, but the guy driving the car said it had 280hp at the wheels.
I ended up behind him and wasn't sure if he was going to go for it. The light turned and he launched fairly quick, then hit boost and rolled. I came out soft and rolled into it. He shifted at what was 5500 for me, and to avoid a rear ender I shifted short. Through second I was able to get beside him and by the top of my second my front bumper was equal to his drivers door. We ran most of the way through third and by 6000 in third I was about 2 cars ahead of him.

That was tons of fun. Those cars with the stage 2 and stage 3 kits are sleepers just like ours and it was great to go at it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Here you go......

http://www.mopar.com/srt_stage_2.htm

Crazy numbers from such a small engine, wonder how it will hold up. If you want a good laugh click the disclaimer at the very bottom of the page.

"Click here for the complete Mopar Performance Parts Warranty and Additional Notes."

Read the warranty, should make SRT-4 owners all warm and fuzzy.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess that explains two things about it. 1 he was really blowing lots of black smoke at initial throtle and during shifts. The computer sets up rich to protect the engine from detonation during initial full throtle and shifts with boost on. 2 there was water on the road wherever he stopped. I thought that was his A/C compressor. I know this, with the way my car runs in the heat, I'm suprised he didn't beat me. It was 95 today.
I guess what they say with that warranty is, this thing probably won't last but it'll sure be lots of fun killing it. Oh, if you live in California, you aren't going to pass a smog check. That is if it lives that long.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
If, in fact, it was a stage II then GREAT kill!! I've been talking to some of my old SRT-4 buddies and they have the stage III cars w/o cats (stage IIIR) running mid 11's on slicks..... sometimes I miss my old black SRT-4.... oh well, v8 + turbo = see ya!! :cheers

·
Registered
937 Posts
GTODEALER said:
If, in fact, it was a stage II then GREAT kill!! I've been talking to some of my old SRT-4 buddies and they have the stage III cars w/o cats (stage IIIR) running mid 11's on slicks..... sometimes I miss my old black SRT-4.... oh well, v8 + turbo = see ya!! :cheers
Turbo? Why turbo and not supercharging?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was behind a Stage II SRT-4 and we played through traffic. Seemed quick, but I easily came up on him. He probably wasn't on it hard, since I am a stock 04.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts