Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a completely stock 04M6. I was on Hwy. 37 heading into Bedford In, when a 94 Corvette Conv. pulls up next to me at a stoplight. He revs his engine up a couple times so I glance over to look, his windows are tinted as well but cracked so I that I can see him and his buddy nod at me, I nod back of course knowing that they want to play. My lady friend has not a clue as to whats about to happen...on our first date.
Light goes green...I let her go at about 2600rpms, he has it mashed as it sounds decent and is still next to me, then into second where I see him almost immediately start to fall back, setting my date firmly in her seat with her laughing/smiling at me. Once third drops in it was all bye-bye from there, only to pass a cop half mile later at 80mph (thank God he didnt take the median). I told her sorry had to do it, she said "sheeesh guys and their cars", then she asked what kinda car it was I beat :(

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Let me see, IIRC that would be a C4. A 300 hp LT1, 6 spd or auto. You should have beat it. Unless it was a ZR1 which likely would have outrun you but you say it was a convertible and I think the ZR1 only came as a coupe.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
LT1 versus an 04 GTO should be a close race. LT1 cars are high 13's. For you to beat him as bad as you did shows your good skills or his bad skills. Congrats on a nice kill.

What you need to watch out for is a the rare 1996 LT4 6speed cars. they were an under rated 330hp and a good run for an LS1 C5 or an LS2 GTO.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah, that's all good and all, but how did the date go?!?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's all good and all, but how did the date go?!?
Ha! Well not perfect lets say but still a good time...seeing her friend this weekend! And possibly racing the neighbor kid with his 94' Mustang GT thats all stock, I dunno what he's thinking he's gonna do lol. Maybe my car won't start, thats his only chance...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts