Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
gameover said:
NO! It's not true. It's the driver!
yup... There are more than a couple 05 M6s running 12s bone friggin stock.. No 04 auto has done that yet.. Mine needed a couple mods to do it..

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If you are exclusively a straight-line drag racing knuckledr...um...er...ethusiast, then the auto would be alright for you.

If you like to take an active part in driving your car as apposed to just pointing it, then definitely get the 6-speed.

Remember, an automatic cannot anticipate your next move...only react.

G

·
gameover said:
I cut 1.78's in my M6. How many autos can say that. I know I'm "modded", but even when it was stock it was 1.85's - 1.90.
Auto's have less HP/TQ and more torque management.
Give me a stock 05 auto, with a 3600 stall, drag radials, and I will show you a 1.6 short time!

·
Registered
156 Posts
gameover said:
I cut 1.78's in my M6. How many autos can say that. I know I'm "modded", but even when it was stock it was 1.85's - 1.90.
Auto's have less HP/TQ and more torque management.
Then you need to drive my car and everyone else I've met with the M6 around here. You're lucky on stock tires to do better than a 2.10 with a M6. Where as an auto can do 1.85-1.90 all day on stockers. And appx. for each tenth you do better in the 60' is a good .15 to .2 better in the 1/4. That is why I seem to be in my area seeing stock M6's struggle to do better than 13.30-13.40's and the autos are 13.00-13.10's all day. Also the M6 is more dependent on traction when shifting gears compared to an auto. Although an M6 will usually trap higher. Also in the auto you lock it in 3rd.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.