Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my Mach1 last nite. Dealing on an 05 Torrid Red auto or 6spd. Is there REALLY a significant difference in the gas mileage between the two. If it's just a couple mpg or so, I'll go with the auto, traffic here in Northern California is "nuts". The Mach1 was a 5-spd and was sometimes fed up with the shifting in traffic jams (constant occurence here) It will see some time at Infineon Raceway for the Wednesday Day Drags...I've heard the auto is within a tenth of the 6-spd in the 1/4, is that true. Sure is a lot easier to be consistent with the auto. Help me out here folks...PLEASE!!!! Dealer will give me an auto for $31,900 and a 6-spd for $31,600!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gas Mileage / 1/4 Mile Times

I've had my '05 for a week so far and did my first fill. I got just over 19 MPG on my first tank with a mix of highway and expressway driving. I also just was able to pick up a brochure on the car from my dealer. On page 35 they state 1/4 mile times as 13.0 @ 108 for the auto and [email protected] 108 for the M6. By the way, I have the 6-speed!

·
Registered
136 Posts
superdave01 said:
Sold my Mach1 last nite. Dealing on an 05 Torrid Red auto or 6spd. Is there REALLY a significant difference in the gas mileage between the two. If it's just a couple mpg or so, I'll go with the auto, traffic here in Northern California is "nuts". The Mach1 was a 5-spd and was sometimes fed up with the shifting in traffic jams (constant occurence here) It will see some time at Infineon Raceway for the Wednesday Day Drags...I've heard the auto is within a tenth of the 6-spd in the 1/4, is that true. Sure is a lot easier to be consistent with the auto. Help me out here folks...PLEASE!!!! Dealer will give me an auto for $31,900 and a 6-spd for $31,600!!!
I live in Northern California also and i drive from walnut creek to richmond, its not that bad. I encourage you to go with the M6, you will have much more fun with it, i promise. So far i have only seen 1 05 in the bayarea...mine. it would be nice to see atleast one more! maybe i will see you on wednesdays!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have an 05 M6 and after 1,500 miles the computer says I'm getting 20.8mpg on average. I spend about 1/2 my time on the highway. I accelerate hard most of the time though and 65mph is a little slow for me on the highway, so if you drive more conservately, your mpg should be higher than mine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've got an '04 manual. I was getting around 15mpg during the 1st 1000 miles of break in.

I put in a K&N Air Charger & my gas mileage has shot up considerable.

I'm getting 18mpg to 20mpg with 95% city driving & I get on the pedal quite a bit. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.