Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below are some pic's of my blower install. I get it back Friday with the following installed:
Polished Maggie Supercharger, 276/286 551/551 115 Cam, HV Oil Pump, Spec Stage 3+, LT Headers, LPE CIA, GMM Ripshifter, Springs and Titanium Retainers, Banshee Gauge Pod, Color matching Boost and Fuel Pressure Gauges

Friday is not coming fast enough :party:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Old Coot said:
That looks great. Makes me wish I was rich instead of so GOOD LOOKING.
Yeah, but I have to say that being rich AND good looking is even better. :cool

·
Registered
202 Posts
Please people, I need a towel quickly!

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Guys. By the way I am Rich and Good Looking. LOL :D

ftlfirefighter I had Horsepower Sales in Pompano do the install. They do many many GTO's and Vettes. Mike Norris from Next Level Performance will do the tune.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your right about Roger and Jeremy they are good guys. I will bring it down to the Tower Shops soon. I'll PM you when i'm going.

:D I can't get this grin off of my face now that she is coming home more powerful.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the Magnacharger installation is they make you cut and crimp a lot of wires from the factory harness.

For $6K they should provide plug-n-play extension harnesses, they're not that expensive to manufacture (basically just like a CAGS eliminator harness).

Even with the shrink-wrap in place, the engine compartment is a harsh environment for crimped wire connections. And one of the many cut-and-spliced connectors is the electronic throttle control harness.

I'm not trying to bag on the Magnacharger, the rest of the installation kit (besides the use of velcro to hold the coolant reservoir) appears to be high-quality stuff.

I've owned some cars with crappy electrical problems and "rigged" repair jobs, and thinking about how well these connectors will hold up after 5 years of 500HP worth of underhood heat and vibration scares me.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BigNick: I know this Super Charger was just built for the LS2 and maybe you know whether or not they addressed the issue of splicing. I will ask the installer and let you know if you don't already know.

707GTOLS2: I debated betwen the 2 for awhile but decided the Maggie looked more like a stock piece and gives more power in the lower RPM range than the Procharger. More power quicker. Not sure about the 2 at the top end of the range. I like to be quick off the start. Don't want to wait for power. From what I've heard the Procharger is almost like a turbo with a tiny lag before the RPM range is high enough to get the benefit of the power. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong. I don't always no what I'm talking about.
Sorry!

I will post the numbers tomorrow when I get her back.

Thanks Guys. I love this site because you always learn something new. Like BigNick's comments. I would have never known that but it wouldn't have stopped me from buying the Maggie anyway. :willy:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.