Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to pick up my GTO while we wait a week for the hose assy. from Australia. had the IPM re-programming, too.

anyway, this Houston dealer's first one and only '05 - Blue / A4

they always come to greet me when i'm there. they really like the flat black stripes on the phantom black. anyway, the gen. mgr. was gloating that he had the opportunity to sell the '05 to "6 or 7" buyers, but he'll hold out for sticker + $1000.

To be honest, I don't like the huge dual outlet or the gray plastic part of the fascia in the center, just my opinion, though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's the distinguishing differences between o4's and o5's. There really isn't any performance gain from the duals or the ram air (o5 stock hood) exculding the fact that o5's have LS2. At least I think there isn't.

IMO I think o5's are going to sell much better than o4's. Not too many of us out there. It's good to be the exception..! ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I noticed over MSRP prices in San Diego CA also. The Dealer I bought mine at had a 'Limited Availability' Sticker on it marking up the price $2000 over MSRP :eek:
Luckily I had a price worksheet from another dealer quoting $500 over Invoice, and ended up getting it at $200 UNDER invioce with a $500 Military discount. :cheers

BTW, Buying on the first of the month helps because they like to get some early sales in to help make their monthly quotas! :cool

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 04's were all marked above sticker when they first arrived last year too. Look what happened to them. The dealers are the ones who are shooting Pontiac in the foot by marking them above sticker. People aren't stupid (mostly) and know what happened at the end of last year because of the dealers greed. It will happen again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.