Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Do You Guys Feel The 05's Will Have The Same Selling Problem As The 04's I'm Trying To Decide What To Get After Getting Screwed On An 04 I Can Get Another 04 For 400 A Monthe With 0 Down What Do You Guys Think

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't count on deals for the 05'. My guess is the LS2 is going to really wake up the way folks look at the goat.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I sure hope not. Nothing personal here, but if the GTO has another year like last year, the future may not be so bright.

The sales figures will be interesting to follow. Lets hope the dealers don't pull their stunts like last year and the slight mods in 05 increase sales.

Granted, we all want a good deal. But, they only offer incentives for one reason - Sales Suck!

·
Banned
98 Posts
Look on GMbuypower. There are incentives/rebates on just about everything in GM's lineup. A 50 HP increase is not going to sell 12,000 units without some financial incentives.

·
Registered
674 Posts
drmustang said:
Look on GMbuypower. There are incentives/rebates on just about everything in GM's lineup. A 50 HP increase is not going to sell 12,000 units without some financial incentives.
In my opinion, it isn't the car that didnt sell, it was GM saying the 05 will have the additional 50HP last summer. Everyone waited for the 05. The GTO is not a bread and butter car like the grand prix, it is a halo/toy car.

I didnt need mine, and 90% of the owners could have waited a year or two to get one without sacrificing anything.

the 05s should sell much better than the 04s - unless GM announces the Z06 motor for 06!

·
Registered
163 Posts
drmustang said:
Thats what I thought until I drove the 05 yesterdays. I woke up thinking about it. It feels like much more than 50 hp increase. I'm thinking about getting the 6 speed car they have coming in. This wasan auto and it impressed me very much.

·
Registered
88 Posts
WS6Vert said:
Thats what I thought until I drove the 05 yesterdays. I woke up thinking about it. It feels like much more than 50 hp increase. I'm thinking about getting the 6 speed car they have coming in. This wasan auto and it impressed me very much.
Yes, Amazing the difference; I drove an 05 vette 6 speed over the weekend,,,AWESOME,,but hate the electric door/push button start,,,glad I got a GTO<<<

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went to GMBuypower and the rebates are, um, nothing. 5.9% for '04 GTOs?
5.9? You could have 2 bankruptcys, a 3 repo's and get that- well, maybe that's a bit much, but 5.9 in NO incentive at all. I believe I am correct on this.
There are lots of '04s, but the money off- even @8K (no offense to those who paid full/over MSRP) is nothing super considering it is an '04, the '05's are here, it's a somewhat (being nice) slow seller, the changes are considerable, etc. And, let's face it, like it or not, this is GM- they've painted themselves into the "huge rebate or I won't buy" corner. I'd rather pay 3-4K more and get the '05.
There was a dealer in NH offering the GTO for $10K and some change off sticker, though that included the loyalty rebate ($1500). That car was gone when I called.
I'm kind of excited about the '05- certainly with, as I mentioned (and I feel) the '04 deals not being all that great when you factor it all in.
I do wonder who will buy all these GTO's- (the '04s). As the weather gets warmer (I'm in New England), and the thoughts of these cars are more on buyer's minds, geez, the '06s will be around the corner! In climates that don't get as cold/snowy as NE- even a scarier thought. Maybe there is less excess GTO inventory in warmer states, I don't know.
I offered $9 under sticker at another dealership. Their response was: "can't go that low"- well see in 4 more months.
Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
19 Posts
urnuts said:
I went to GMBuypower and the rebates are, um, nothing. 5.9% for '04 GTOs?
5.9? You could have 2 bankruptcys, a 3 repo's and get that- well, maybe that's a bit much, but 5.9 in NO incentive at all. I believe I am correct on this.
There are lots of '04s, but the money off- even @8K (no offense to those who paid full/over MSRP) is nothing super considering it is an '04, the '05's are here, it's a somewhat (being nice) slow seller, the changes are considerable, etc. And, let's face it, like it or not, this is GM- they've painted themselves into the "huge rebate or I won't buy" corner. I'd rather pay 3-4K more and get the '05.
There was a dealer in NH offering the GTO for $10K and some change off sticker, though that included the loyalty rebate ($1500). That car was gone when I called.
I'm kind of excited about the '05- certainly with, as I mentioned (and I feel) the '04 deals not being all that great when you factor it all in.
I do wonder who will buy all these GTO's- (the '04s). As the weather gets warmer (I'm in New England), and the thoughts of these cars are more on buyer's minds, geez, the '06s will be around the corner! In climates that don't get as cold/snowy as NE- even a scarier thought. Maybe there is less excess GTO inventory in warmer states, I don't know.
I offered $9 under sticker at another dealership. Their response was: "can't go that low"- well see in 4 more months.
Sorry for the rant.
I'm with ya brother. Living in Cali is a drag - I'd be driving an '04 now if they'd had the $5500 rebate here (rather than the $3500) before the 3rd of January. If the deal is xxxx amount on the east coast, I won't pay more than that here. Oh well, I can wait. I can't help but think the deals will get better with the '05's on the ground. Otherwise I'll lease a CTS.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Intrest at 5.9% is not good. I have perfect credit and 2 month's ago bought an 04 used Dodge p/u at 5% for 60 months. Got a steal of a deal on the truck as welll, so they didn't use fuzzy math to get me that rate. I'm sure if I buy a new vehicle I can get at least 4.75%. I bought my wife's Infiniti in June 04 and got 3.8% for 48 months.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I figure about one month of dealers trying to sell the '05 without rebates to the 'I gotta have it crowd' then GM will have to start doing rebates. The GTO isn't the Mustang, it has a much smaller target audience, many of which already bought an '04 GTO and are not in a position to buy the '05. Also, once the pics start coming out of the '06, the '05s will start to become 'old news'. The only things that might keep prices up on the '05s is if the '06s look like crap, it gets shelved by GM or they get a downgrade in HP compared to the '05.

On a side note, I saw a Hertz rent-a-car commercial last night advertising the Mustang. Nothing makes you feel like your car is special like 100,000 business travellers and tourists driving a car just like yours! :rofl:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Banana Goat said:
I figure about one month of dealers trying to sell the '05 without rebates to the 'I gotta have it crowd' then GM will have to start doing rebates. The GTO isn't the Mustang, it has a much smaller target audience, many of which already bought an '04 GTO and are not in a position to buy the '05. Also, once the pics start coming out of the '06, the '05s will start to become 'old news'. The only things that might keep prices up on the '05s is if the '06s look like crap, it gets shelved by GM or they get a downgrade in HP compared to the '05.

On a side note, I saw a Hertz rent-a-car commercial last night advertising the Mustang. Nothing makes you feel like your car is special like 100,000 business travellers and tourists driving a car just like yours! :rofl:
:agree :agree

·
Registered
4 Posts
No deals in my town

MSRP, No Supplier Pricing on any of the new 05 GTOs per the local gmbuypower manager oh well I guess I will wait.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Dealers who demand fool MSRP on these 05's are not going to sell many. 12,000 units is a substantial number considering the small market for this car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've already been qouted online for a 6 spd at $35,999! A dealer from the ATL area. I wrote him back and told him he was crazy. My local dealer quoted $500 off sticker and then the $1500 loyalty rebate.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Banana Goat said:

ENTERPRISE Rent a Car said they will have GTO's in their fleet later this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone wanna test drive???

·
Registered
19 Posts
dctex99 said:
ENTERPRISE Rent a Car said they will have GTO's in their fleet later this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone wanna test drive???
Ahhh, so that's what they are going to do with all of the leftover '04's they won't lease. :eek: :willy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
As I said in another post the dealer here said the 04 was under 24 but that did not include the 05 hood they ordered for the 4 they had on the lot. :eek:

It's sad for those who paid top dollar but if you want to be first on the block it happens.
I waited when I bought my 04 Z06/ Z16 CE that was stickered at 57 and change. I got a $12500 discount at Kerbeck's in Atlantic City, NJ, but many paid sticker or close to it. As with anything look around and be patient it may save you thousands in the long run. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
intofx said:
Ahhh, so that's what they are going to do with all of the leftover '04's they won't lease. :eek: :willy:
Dont worry, our time will come. With 12000 05s to sell on top of the 1000 remaining 04s, we will get that elusive lease deal yet!!

Just wait & watch!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts