Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one have there exhaust backfire...not constantly but at least once...just have any of u gto owners had it happen...
-thnx

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you are talking about an occasional snap, crackle, pop on decel..........its the nature of the beast.....
Anything else....I would be concerned.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Route 66 said:
If you are talking about an occasional snap, crackle, pop on decel..........its the nature of the beast.....
Anything else....I would be concerned.
Mine does that, but only when I accel :D Sounds real sweeeet when I'm shifting into 2nd and 3rd; a nice, deep burble. Started doing that after I installed the Borla cat-back.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Only when I get on it first thing in the morning. Just a reminder that I shouldn't be revving past 4K when I just start the car up on a cold morning.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yea I get it all the time and its even Louder now because I did a muffler delete, i've been hearing it's the center resonator that people have swapped to an X Pipe that solved it, I think it would be a combination of that and a cam swap should hopefully do the trick

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol yea cuz i heard a loud pop last night and it scared me for a second until i realized it just backfired...but i was curious if that was normal haha...thanx everyone u have put my feelings at ease and i realize its normal hahaha...i will soon put a flowmaster on it...or maybe borla or magnaflow...i hear flowmaster will produce most performance though

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah, the stock cam in these things seem to be a large part of it.
Mine was something terrible on decel or downshift with the headers/exhaust and stock cam. After cam swap I rarely get any boom, pop, bang. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts