Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a 2005 GTO that has 8000 miles for $27K. Do you guys think that's good deal? Do you have any tips? Anything that I should ask the dealer? I looked at it today and really liked it.. it's a red one (gonna test drive it this Saturday). I also checked out a 2006 model... but it was an automatic and I want to get a manual one (plus... I can't afford a new one). Thanks in advance.....

Max

·
Registered
98 Posts
XGTO said:
the auto is faster but if you like to feel the car more get the manual.
I drove both the auto and manual and I don't see where the auto is faster at all.
When I'm driving a sports car I like to have full control of the car. Not just mash the gas and brake.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out GMID on a new car

Check out GMID certificate on a new car. I found a cert on a different forum. It eliminates all the haggling and you get like 10% off. Also I have read that 2006 is the last year for the GTO because they can't sell enough of them. This is good for you in that you should be able to get a good deal. Get a RED one - they go faster! Good Luck!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
enjracing said:
auto is faster? huh? not with a real driver in the car! to the guy asking is 27,000 fair...............i got a m6 05' WITH 4,000 MILES FOR 25,500!!!! BEAT THEM DOWN!
I'm going there this saturday to test drive the GTO... also to see if we can work out a deal... hopefully i can get it down to around 25,500... like you said

I have "GM Supplier Discount" from my work on new models only... maybe I can find one... but it's still a lot of $$$... i need to keep my monthly payment down as much as possible... (got too many bills already). so i might have to get a used 05 model. i want to see a blue/blue model but the dealers in my area don't have any... i've seen pictures, but it would be cool if i could find one that i can actually look at. i'll check autotrader.com to see if there are any blue 05s in my area.

·
Registered
455 Posts
In some cities, there are still brand new 05s left unsold from last year. Though there isn't as much to choose from--and most are autos from what I've seen--it might be worth a check to see if there are any in your area (you can try using gmbuypower.com.) If you can find a new 05 that suits you, you can probably get it for $26k-28k.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well... I test drove the 05 GTO (Red/Red - 6M) this Staurday and it was AWESOME!!!!!
I love the power it has and the way the exhaust sounds!!! now the only problem is that I don't have enough money to buy one right now. The dealer will not budge on the price... he wants $26,999 for the GTO (it has 8000 miles) i'm gonna wait for a month or so... see if the price drops any. I also looked at a new 06 GTO to see if i can get a good deal... but even with my GM Supplier Discount, and some rebates, the price was over 30K... but now I have to decide whether I should spend the extra $3000 and get a new one or just save the money and buy an 05 model. i have a feeling... i'll be getting an 05 GTO... if i can find one. not too many 05 GTOs around here. But for now i'll keep saving money for a down payment... maybe i'll sell my Yamaha YZF600 motorcycle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.