Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to three dealerships before I found one to look at. Most of the dealers here have them sold before they arrive at the dealership. I found one in a small dealership that had only been sitting for 3 days. It was the color I wanted (Phant Blk) so I jumped on it. I paid full retail plus Gas gussle tax. Some dealers here want over MSRP because of the limited availability. If this keeps up there will be no rebates.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My local dealer has 2. I've bought a few cars from the same salesman as he has been there for 9 years. I was told I could buy mine for $ 900 off sticker. Told him I'd wait it out for now. Their are sevral in the ATL area like maybe a hundred!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its not much better here in FL. I had to drive three hours away to get the one I wanted and it was the last one they had. They told me everything else they got coming in for a while is already sold. MSRP is about the best deal your gonna get right now till supply catches up with demand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
BuyPower just shows inventory from time of transport. A good chunk of those will also be preorders. I found out first hand when I bought mine. If there really were fifty cars available you could buy them under MSRP with no problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
No idea how GM allocates cars to dealers. Local dealer here in Warrenton, VA had 5 2005 GTO's (I bought one 2 weeks ago). Twenty miles down the road a HUGE Pontiac dealer has NO '05 GTO's.
Go figure!

·
Registered
161 Posts
There are at least 5 in the Charlotte area that I know of. A local dealer told me if you had gotten an 04 and didn't sell it you probably wouldn't see an 05. The dealer I purchassed my 2 04's from has no 05's yet and said he may not see any till June. With the 06's coming in September he is already talking about rebates. By September there will be a fire sale again to get rid of the inventory. One of the larger dealers in the Raleigh area doesn't expect an 05 till August. GM has the dealers in a bind with the short run of the 05's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Kruul said:
BuyPower just shows inventory from time of transport. A good chunk of those will also be preorders. I found out first hand when I bought mine. If there really were fifty cars available you could buy them under MSRP with no problem.
Have been working in ATL all week. Checked out some lots around town. THE 05'S ARE EVERYWHERE!! Was qouted $900 below MSRP in my hometown 100 miles south of the ATL. Go figure

·
Banned
98 Posts
Sounds like other areas have the scarcity issue also. Very few in stock here in Western PA. I'm reading posts from guys reporting ample supplies and invoice pricicng out west and some areas in the Southeast. Personally don't feel like traveling 600-800miles to buy a car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.