Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finished installing my G-force axles last night so I decided to go for a ride. Well I get about 7 miles down the highway and the engine just dies. No knocking, sputtering, nothing.

There seems to be plenty of fuel pressure at the rails but I didn't have a tool to measure it. Car turns over like it wants to crank but never fires. So I pulled a couple spark plugs and neither were getting spark.

Anyway, I have to get it towed today and I'm a little worried since it's never been towed. Will I need to remove the front bumper so it won't scrap the highway? Anything I need to know?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Have it transported on a flatbed. I never have a vehicle towed on the 'hook'.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I got them to bring a roll back and it worked perfectly. Bottom of the front bumper scraped just a little bit but didn't hurt anything. Now I need to figure out what the hell is wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can scan the computer I would start there, if the auto shutdown and ECM relays and fuses are good, I'd maybe looking at the crank and cam sensors.
Thanks Rukee. Yea I brought my diagnostic tool to the car last night and like an idiot I accidentally erased the codes. I invented some new curse words last night.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After I got the car back home. I put the two spark plugs back in and it cranked right up. It ran for about 8-10 minutes and then just died again. Ran the diagnostic tool and got the P0335 Crank Shaft Position Sensor code. After I let it cool down again, it cranked right up, ran for a few minutes and died again.

So I bought the sensor and going to install tonight. I hope this fixes it and it's not something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts