Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can purchase the same 05 hood with scoops for the 2004 model? I have the 04 now and would love to change to the hood scoops. I have seen some after market sites offer them but they look slightly different than the one picture on the 05 model.
Thanks!

:cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
04Goat said:
Does anyone know if you can purchase the same 05 hood with scoops for the 2004 model? I have the 04 now and would love to change to the hood scoops. I have seen some after market sites offer them but they look slightly different than the one picture on the 05 model.
Thanks!

I want one also. I emailed gm parts direct about the hood and they said it is not yet avalible.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes they will be available...I believe it's a little over $700. They've shipped many extras with the 05's for use on 04's that haven't sold and for sale. Not sure when available, but you can ask your dealership or try to look up the part# on gmpartsdirect.com

·
Registered
185 Posts
Snafu said:
Yes they will be available...I believe it's a little over $700. They've shipped many extras with the 05's for use on 04's that haven't sold and for sale. Not sure when available, but you can ask your dealership or try to look up the part# on gmpartsdirect.com
as far as i know you can already buy them, one of the dealers from the lot where i got mine in september already had one installed on his yellow jacket and it's the exact same hood

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked with Dealer Parts center and they said they have no idea if or when and have none in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Be patient...they'll get here.

As far as a dealership already having one...I doubt it. They may have a look-alike or some aftermarket hood, but chances are slim it's the 05 hood.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part Number 05 hood

Here is what I was told:

"92167780 hood with scoops 2005 GTO

You can go to http://www.gmpartsdirect.com on our home page you will
have to enter your part number into the SEARCH space provided on our
homepage."

However, when I enter the number nothing shows up as of today.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There are other parts required...

Hood w/scoops - 92167780 - No Price Listed
Scoop, hood LH - 92167877 - NPL
Scoop, hood RH - 92167878 - NPL
Engine cooling duct (mounts to underside of hood) LH - 92167788 - NPL
Engine cooling duct (same as above) RH - 92167789 - NPL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts