Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to the forum, and I am waiting to purchase an 05 GTO, but I have noticed on the pontiac.com website that the listed MSRP is 32,995, but when I apply the employee discount their advertising the MSRP jumps to 34,995, and the car is show for 30,7??. Why are they toying with the MSRP on this car. I belive the invoice is 28000. I saw a sticker at the dealer that showed 32,995. So which is it 32 or 34. GM has me concerned with this, the practice seems unethical.. Any help or input would be appreciated..
Thanks Guys..

·
Banned
119 Posts
I have bought many new cars,but for the last 3 autos i have paid $300 over invoice.and thats all i am going to pay.I have seen people pay under invoice so they can get rid of the cars the last day of the month.The more cars dealers sell the more kickbacks they get and the dealers have to sell so many cars a month....Please don't tell me its different with the GTOs,if the dealer wants to make a sale the will give you the car at invoice...Johnny

·
Registered
160 Posts
Keep in mind - "invoice" is a joke.

Here's what it reads verbatim on a fax I received from a fleet dealer:

Invoice does not reflect dealer's ultimate cost because of manufacturer rebates, allowances, incentives, holdback, finance credit and return to dealer of advertising monies, all of which map apply to vehicle"

In the auto world, "invoice" is a meaningless word.

·
Banned
119 Posts
You are very right,Even if they Still sell the GTO at $29,000 invoice they are still making money.But thats not good enough for them they want to make at least $3-4000 or more on each GTO they sell....So good for them and let them TRY screw us so we can go somewhere else and buy our cars.No wonder GM is losing 25,000 jobs..................

·
Registered
2 Posts
goatee said:
Assuming an automatic transmission : Msrp is 34295.00.
This includes 1300 gas guzzler tax and 700 destination charge.

Employee price = 30,995
Yea but I thought there wasn't a gas guzzler tax with the manuals. but you can get the car for 28-29k when the 06s come out. I guarentee that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
johnnytuinal said:
You are very right,Even if they Still sell the GTO at $29,000 invoice they are still making money.But thats not good enough for them they want to make at least $3-4000 or more on each GTO they sell....So good for them and let them TRY screw us so we can go somewhere else and buy our cars.No wonder GM is losing 25,000 jobs..................
GM is losing money on every GTO in the US. That is why they limit the number here and increased the number left in Australia. They don't even invest in advertising. Go to a dealership and ask how many they are planning to get this year, you will be surprised.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.