Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't believe the type of race I just got into this night. I was on my way home, and I was going down the long stretch 4 lane road by my house. A 1988 Z28 LT1 pulls beside me, we both go I easily get him by 3 cars 0 - 60 to the next stop sign... which I stop and am ready to go again, he slows down to about 30 or 20 then punches it without stopping, so I just floor it when he's already doing 60 or 70 by now and has 6 cars on me. So I start to catch up to him at around 90, but all of a sudden, there is a massive PUDDLE in front of us in the road from tropical storm Arlene! So he slows down, but my side has the water, so the GTO does the best braking ever, the computer sensed the hydroplaning, and adjusted the car right through the massive puddle and the best part was that I totally sprayed the camaro with his windows down! :rofl: That's what he gets for doing a ricer start in an American Muscle Car... what a chicken ****. Couldn't race from stop, he just slows down while i'm waiting then floors it. That had to be the the most dangerous race I had ever been in and I can say that the GTO saved my life. Great Car! (and sprayed the camaro.. hahaha) Oh then we're both going down the road, and near the 3rd stop sign (about 2 miles down) then like a moron, he floors it to get pass me, while 2 cops are sitting there. I couldn't believe they didn't do nothing. I saw them from the distance, so i didn't do anything and just let him do another rice maneuver. He lives near me, so i'll be on the look out to smoke his ass from a red light :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
b_a_betterperson said:
You're lucky you didn't kill yourself or somebody else.

It's a 4 mile 4 lane road that's used for drag racing by me. There are no streets or nothing that intersect. Open and smooth. Just didn't know a 40 foot long puddle about 6 inches deep was there :eek: I would never do that on a regular street.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That's great. So what happens when you're going 150mph in a street car -- only to have a deer step out in front of you. Your GTO didn't save you. Dumb luck did.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b_a_betterperson said:
That's great. So what happens when you're going 150mph in a street car -- only to have a deer step out in front of you. Your GTO didn't save you. Dumb luck did.
What i meant by saving me is that it really really did well through the water where as most cars would of lost it... I was already slowed down before the water, but i must of went through the water at around 50 to 60 mph slowing down from 90 mph. Hitting a deer at 150 mph ? Most likely (taking the front end design into accord here) you'll punt the deer like a football and nothing will really happen. This happen to my buddies vette in Virginia. The deer went up rolled over the top of the car. It was on I 77 going North. It was dark and he was going around 85mph. Besides some of the front end damage and massive scraps going over the top of the car, nothing really happened. As for a truck or a flat tall faced car, probably be a different story. Then again, not believing in luck as some magical force, it's just the probability of the outcome at the way your hitting it and the reaction of what you do afterwards. Some drivers might of turned sideways and skidded through the water, who knows. The GTO with its weight and computer assisted braking did exceptionally well :cheers

·
Registered
364 Posts
:rofl:
JTYLER1604 said:
I love when people say, what happens when you're speeding XXmph and a deer jumps out in front of you.

The same thing that would happen when you're doing the speed limit (70) and a deer jumps out in front of you, you try to avoid it, then it splats all over your car. Duh. LOL

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
JTYLER1604 said:
The same thing that would happen when you're doing the speed limit (70) and a deer jumps out in front of you, you try to avoid it, then it splats all over your car. Duh. LOL
Great avatar. Accurate, too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
JTYLER1604 said:
I love when people say, what happens when you're speeding XXmph and a deer jumps out in front of you.

Try hitting a deer when you are passing a car, like a kick in the groin. :eek:

·
Registered
937 Posts
EEZ GOAT said:
hi all i wish i no how to work this site put pic up make my own post/ they need a tutor program :seeya:
To translate it's.....

"Hello Everyone. I wish I knew how to work this site so I could post a picture and start my own thread. They need some instructions on how to do this."

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
To translate it's.....

"Hello Everyone. I wish I knew how to work this site so I could post a picture and start my own thread. They need some instructions on how to do this."

LOL,Thanks for the translation, EEZGOAT, direct your cursor over this FAQ link. Click your mouse and the Frequently Ask Questions will appear and give instructions for the use of a VBulletin forum.

Also, a FAQ hyperlink is located on the top tool bar.

Good luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
NightShifter,
Be carefiul, do not get tempted by careless ones who see a race at every red light. You have a nice car drive it, protect it. Protect yourself and other road users.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts