Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad works for a company that is eligible for the GM Supplier Discount. He actually went online yesterday and got himself a certificate to purchase a CTS-V. Anyways is it possible for him to get me one of those certificates. When he went ahead and got the authorizaton number under the relationship block is only had SELF to pick from. Can he just print out another certificate since he's allowed 2 authorizations per year and give me one? And would I just be able to show that to the dealer?
On another note have any of you purchased the 05 GTO on a supplier Discount? and if so how much did you end up paying? I'm just trying to get the best deal possible on this car.

Thank you for your time
Chris

·
Registered
22 Posts
You might try it, I've used my supplier discount twice, first time on a piece of junk Silverado the dealer wanted paystub or some form of proof, however on the GTO the dealer didn't want to give the discount but once they did all they wanted was the printout off the internet with the authorization number. The supplier discount on the '05 GTO took the price from $33,690 down to $31,982.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Chris !

I'm about to do the same thing. I dont think it matters that it will say self on it. All the dealer will do is check the authorization number so you should be cool.

I went to one dealer and he said he would only honor the supplier discount on what he had in stock. When I replied with "well you dont have what I want," said thank you and turned to walk out the door, he said but I might be able to get one from another dealer. I hate when they have to play these stupid games ! Anyway, I'm getting an 05 with the 6 spped and the 18" wheels. The supplier price is 32,162.41 with those options and the MSRP is 34,185. See if you can work a better deal off the MSRP first, especially if there might be rebates or incentives in your area. There's nothig to be had here in Atlanta, so I may just go with the supplier price.

Good Luck !

Joe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jdc916 said:
Hey Chris !

I'm about to do the same thing. I dont think it matters that it will say self on it. All the dealer will do is check the authorization number so you should be cool.

I went to one dealer and he said he would only honor the supplier discount on what he had in stock. When I replied with "well you dont have what I want," said thank you and turned to walk out the door, he said but I might be able to get one from another dealer. I hate when they have to play these stupid games ! Anyway, I'm getting an 05 with the 6 spped and the 18" wheels. The supplier price is 32,162.41 with those options and the MSRP is 34,185. See if you can work a better deal off the MSRP first, especially if there might be rebates or incentives in your area. There's nothig to be had here in Atlanta, so I may just go with the supplier price.

Good Luck !

Joe
Hey joe,
What parts/dealership in Atlanta are you looking at? I currently live in Warner Robins, GA. I was thinking about heading up to Hennessy to get my 05 GTO M6. The Websites I've been looking at show a price of $31860 I would like to get the car at around $30,500 with my $500 GM Military Discount and Supplier Discount. I recently called GM buypower and the lady over there told me that the new incentives will be coming out on 1 April. I'll probably wait till then or August. I'm sure by August GM will hopefully be giving a $1000 Rebate. This also depends give a get a good amount on my 2001 Impala LS trade in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm working with Carl Black in Kennesaw. I'm getting a 6 speed and hopefully the 18" wheels. If what you say is true about the rebates, I'll wait till April too.

By the way, when you say M6 what do you mean ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I now know how the supplier discount is supposed to work on the customer end and have found a dealer that will offer it to me. But, does anyone know how it works on the dealer side? Does the dealer get cash back from GM for the amount of the discount from MSRP? If so, then I would think dealers would take the supplier price all day long because it means a full list price deal for them. Obviously, many dealers don't offer the supplier discount, so I suspect there's something else to the program.

Here's why I'm asking. I don't mind a dealer making a reasonable profit when selling a car, but even though I can pay the supplier price, I feel as though there's "money left on the table" if the dealer is being reimbursed the amount of the discount AND he's making ALL the profit built into MSRP AND he's making holdback too.

Anyone out there know how it REALLY works? I've asked dealership sales people (and even a sales manager or two) but either they're playing dumb :rolleyes: or they don't know either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I mentioned I was a GM supplier and would be using the plan, their whole demeanor changed. I asked why the salesman reacted the way he did and he explained he gets no commision on the sale. So I doubt the dealer gets nothing except credit for the unit sold. Oh well too bad !

·
Registered
83 Posts
jdc916 said:
When I mentioned I was a GM supplier and would be using the plan, their whole demeanor changed. I asked why the salesman reacted the way he did and he explained he gets no commision on the sale. So I doubt the dealer gets nothing except credit for the unit sold. Oh well too bad !

I don't know how the rules changed over the years, but the dealer is getting something. The salesman does not care because he is not getting a piece of that action and just get a flat comission on the deal, so he could care less to sell you the car. When something it short supply he can sell w/ out the discount and make a real comisssion. :cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
chrbut said:
I recently called GM buypower and the lady over there told me that the new incentives will be coming out on 1 April. I'll probably wait till then or August. I'm sure by August GM will hopefully be giving a $1000 Rebate......

chrbut did she give you any idea what the incentives might be April 1 ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jdc916 said:
chrbut did she give you any idea what the incentives might be April 1 ?
No she didn't...she just said there could be cash rebates or they might remain the same, but April 1st is when the new ones will be posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.