Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning, I am working on my dads gto and diagnosed it with a failed tcm. I would rather purchase a used already programmed tcm for his car, I have learned that the part number 24231673 is the same number that gm used in the c6 vettes, I have found a couple of these with the correct number listed on ebay however they were removed from a vette. I am wondering what everyones thoughts are. thanks
dana

·
Registered
602 Posts
good morning, I am working on my dads gto and diagnosed it with a failed tcm. I would rather purchase a used already programmed tcm for his car, I have learned that the part number 24231673 is the same number that gm used in the c6 vettes, I have found a couple of these with the correct number listed on ebay however they were removed from a vette. I am wondering what everyones thoughts are. thanks
dana
I would look for one that came from a GTO. I don't know for sure, but would expect the calibration to be different than a Corvette. Lots of GTOs being parted out so finding a module shouldn't be terribly difficult.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts