Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have that experience yet..? I did back in last June, & in August. I honestly like that retro Mustang look of the 05's.

But I gotta say, ..out on the street "stock for stock" the GTO will kill that pony.

Has any members been challenged by those new 05' pony's yet?

·
Registered
96 Posts
tiger gto said:
Anybody have that experience yet..? I did back in last June, & in August. I honestly like that retro Mustang look of the 05's.

But I gotta say, ..out on the street "stock for stock" the GTO will kill that pony.

Has any members been challenged by those new 05' pony's yet?
Yes. A 05 light green color 'Vert.
It was fun. :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Quite a few. :lol:

The GT has 303 ponies, one on the trunk, one on the grille, one on the steering wheel, and 300 under the hood. Why does the Goat have more horses than the Pony?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Took a GTO out from the dealer the other day. Met a new 05 mustang at a stoplight. I looked over at him and he had a cocky smile and he revved his motor. The light turned green and he got a great view of the new 06 tailights. had him by id say about three cars lengths before i had to let off, we were on a kin of busy 4 lane road. He wouldnt even come close after that encounter haha

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Camshaft said:
Quite a few. :lol:

The GT has 303 ponies, one on the trunk, one on the grille, one on the steering wheel, and 300 under the hood. Why does the Goat have more horses than the Pony?

Sorry Cammy, ..I wasn't trying to cause any hard feelings, or dissension here. I was just curious if anybody had any willing combatins.
:cheers

·
Registered
356 Posts
tiger gto said:
Sorry Cammy, ..I wasn't trying to cause any hard feelings, or dissension here. I was just curious if anybody had any willing combatins.
:cheers
No problem at all, i'll be the first to tell you that a lot of Mustang drivers are cocky jerks. Being a II owner I get some of it as well. It's up to us to show them the error of their ways. :cheers

118 Posts
I have whooped my fair share on and off the track. I've grown tired of racing the 05 GTs . . . Well, no I haven't, I'll still spank one if they want it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pennsylvania Goat said:
They still make Mustangs? hmmmmmm.........

Well I went with this instead:

Dear PA. Goat....Do you have this "lingenfelter Air induct system"; & IF so have you noticed any honest REAL gains in power?

I ask because I hooked up one almost identical, ..but did not really notice much of a gain, or differene from the stock set up!

By the way........I'm from Pennsylvania too!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I want to get some little stickers of "ponies" and put one on the side of my car for each kill... kinda like pilots back back in the day. I don't waste my time with the V6 'stangs (most of the time anyways, unless I deem a lesson is in order). I kinda like the style of the new mustangs, but I like the GTO a LOT better.

·
Registered
498 Posts
tiger gto said:
Dear PA. Goat....Do you have this "lingenfelter Air induct system"; & IF so have you noticed any honest REAL gains in power?

I ask because I hooked up one almost identical, ..but did not really notice much of a gain, or differene from the stock set up!

By the way........I'm from Pennsylvania too!
This is a great intake. I cant give you dyno's #'s but LPE has proven gains and I'd say, combined with my exhaust mod that it has helped the Goat breathe.

"low restriction air induction system has shown in back to back testing 12 Hp, and 9 lbs ft. of torque over the stock GTO air intake system! The system is designed to provide lower temperature air from outside the engine compartment in order to maintain optimal performance." LPE

·
Registered
24 Posts
i see ur in west chester PA Goat... did u pick up ur gto from faulkner?? my dad does their financing for GMAC and thats where i got my 03 GrandAm GT from... lookin to step up to a gto very soon... they got a nice yellow one on the lot right now

·
Registered
46 Posts
I haven't had anyone try to race me yet, not like their's many fast cars around here anyway but still. There's a Saleen S281 that I so want to get next to and destroy, he's actually a friend of mine but I think I would take him easy, he can't drive worth a crap.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well I would hope that the 05 and the 06 can beat up a mustang b/c my 04 kicks the bejeezus out them. My long time friend just bought an 05 mustang a month or so ago and hasn't been able to even come close yet. :cheers I stick by saying " There is no such thing as a fast N/A ford."

·
Registered
356 Posts
I love the new 'Stangs, but a lot of them are real pricks to the II guys. Wait until they line up with me, I weigh over 500 lbs. less...and with the parts I have waiting to install, I will be pushing around the same horsepower... :cheers

We NEED a devil horns smiley.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Both cars are great..............
GTO more HP
Mustang Gt Looks
Most 05-06 stangs you see are V6s and not many are Gts....
I would have gone with a GTO but I got my 06 Stang Gt at Invoice on Labor day.........
Only way I would race is that there is money on the line and then I would be racing my 1969 1/2 Hemi Superbee....Jt :party:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.