Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ran into a cool guy in an 04 GTO on my way home from work. We played around a little bit and then decided to do a third gear pull to see what would happen.
We started pretty far down in the rpm range for 3rd gear at about 45 mph, so we had a nice long run in 3rd gear. He honked three times and we were off. We were basically door to door from 45-80 mph or so. Then all the sudden, I started pulling hard on him. I pulled a quick 1-2 cars at the top of 3rd gear. Then I shifted into 4th gear and pulled a little more and then let off. Over all it was a great race. For a moment I was a little worried but luckily when I got to the very top of 3rd gear, the LS2 showed its legs.

I pulled along side of him and he said something like "man, the top end on that thing."

He has headers and intake - the same mods I have on my 05.

I thought this was a real good comparison. It took driver skill out of the equation.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
A buddy has an '05...and you are absolutely right. All is pretty even up until the higher rev band of 3rd- after that, you can really feel the LS2's power / torque advantage!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts