Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got done completing a few mods on the car (K&N CAI, rear sway bar, changing the fluids for full synthetics, oil filter, and water wetter) , I take the car out for a little test drive on the highway, as I'm merging onto the highway a crotch rocket comes flying up beside me , revs and takes off. I drop to 3rd and catch up to him at about 80-85, we nail it and he pulls me by a car and a half, we stay on it and I start reeling him in, long story short I over took him at about 130! :seeya: The look on his face when we went by was priceless, like WTF :willy: Now I know there are people that think cars can't beat bikes and I would have never tried it at lower speeds but I also know how strong the GTOs are at higher speeds :cool Anyway, :cheers

P.S. No, I don't know what kind of bike it was, I don't really keep up with bikes.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
These guys on crotch rockets think they are it. I raced a guy on a ZX6 with my Z06 from a stoplight. That was a big advantage for the bike. By 80 I realed him in and he was shocked. He couldn't beleive that a car was beating him.
I will say this though, they have more guts than I have to run a bike like that.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Dont be afraid of Harleys and other boulevard cruisers, I have beat several of them right off the light. Crotch rockets though, not gonna happen.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I hate to be a buzz kill or anything but I also ride a 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-10R and I can tell you this......I can throw tons of $ at my GTO and my 10R will just eat it like it's standing still. It's like compairing apples to..........we'll to a BULLET! I love my GTO dont get me wrong, but you cant compair 180hp/367lbs to ANY car.........

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
05_HUMBLER said:
I hate to be a buzz kill or anything but I also ride a 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-10R and I can tell you this......I can throw tons of $ at my GTO and my 10R will just eat it like it's standing still. It's like compairing apples to..........we'll to a BULLET! I love my GTO dont get me wrong, but you cant compair 180hp/367lbs to ANY car.........
I know where you're coming from, there's no way I could keep him in my sights if it were at lower speeds but at 80 I knew I had a shot if it wasn't a big displacement bike. I don't know what it was, it might have been an old 600 or something, or it might have been a case where he didn't have the sack to go any faster, regardless, he lifted, he lost! :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I know this has nothing to do with GTO's but, when I had my SRT-4 I pulled a 600 130-160, we talked afterward and his bike was stock. He told me he had it up to 140 plenty of times, he said he's NEVER had anyone with balls enough to go past 140 until he ran up on me. He was very impressed with the car to say the least, most riders are as*holes, I was blown away with his politeness! :cheers

·
Registered
271 Posts
right on. A 600 does have problems at those speeds (pulling fast in 6th) that's because 600's lack the torque of a Litre bike. See! Not all bikers are as*holes :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
GTODEALER said:
I know this has nothing to do with GTO's but, when I had my SRT-4 I pulled a 600 130-160, we talked afterward and his bike was stock. He told me he had it up to 140 plenty of times, he said he's NEVER had anyone with balls enough to go past 140 until he ran up on me. He was very impressed with the car to say the least, most riders are as*holes, I was blown away with his politeness! :cheers
Whoa hold on a minute. Is this a Neon SRT4? This can't be any kind of stock Neon, one that does 160 MPH?????? One that pulls at all above 130 MPH???? I owned a Spirit R/T, similar car to the Neon (230HP, 3100 lbs), and it wouldn't pull much past 100, and wasn't pulling much at all at 100. And you walked down a 600CC bike? Come on, you're pulling our legs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
Theres a video floating around the net of a Turbo Hyabusa putting 700hp to the rear wheel..
that would be roughly the equivalent of over 4000hp in a GTO.
I saw a video the other day somewhere of a tricked race Hyabusa goin at it with a fully modded Supra. The Hyabusa neverhad a chance. In the video the Supra took it off the line, and in a freeway pull, EASILY. The busa got left in the dust. And this is the FORMER fastest stock bike you can buy. Now replaced by my future bike the ZX-10(SOO HOT!!) :cheers
\SasDawg

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
vmax said:
Whoa hold on a minute. Is this a Neon SRT4? This can't be any kind of stock Neon, one that does 160 MPH?????? One that pulls at all above 130 MPH???? I owned a Spirit R/T, similar car to the Neon (230HP, 3100 lbs), and it wouldn't pull much past 100, and wasn't pulling much at all at 100. And you walked down a 600CC bike? Come on, you're pulling our legs.
No, I'm not pulling your leg, I'm DEAD serious! The car went 12.5 @ 118 w/ a 1.9 60ft., it didn't hook for ****. It was an SRT-4 and it wasn't stock! :cheers

·
Registered
259 Posts
gameover said:
So I just got done completing a few mods on the car (K&N CAI, rear sway bar, changing the fluids for full synthetics, oil filter, and water wetter)
First off.. NICE KILL! :cheers

As for your mods.... Dosn't the '05 come stock with Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil? Mine did in the engine anyway, I am unsure about the tranny and diff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SasdawgGTO said:
I saw a video the other day somewhere of a tricked race Hyabusa goin at it with a fully modded Supra. The Hyabusa neverhad a chance. In the video the Supra took it off the line, and in a freeway pull, EASILY. The busa got left in the dust. And this is the FORMER fastest stock bike you can buy. Now replaced by my future bike the ZX-10(SOO HOT!!) :cheers
\SasDawg
First off that Supra was heavily modded (900HP) and owned by a guy in FL I believe it is. There are two videos...one that shows a heavily moded Supra taking a stock Busa and then a video showing a modded turboed Busa taking the modded Supra...Bang for your Buck the Turbo'ed Busa is the best buy...lol

I have a little Yamaha FZ1...I be happy to play with someone in the FLint, MI area if they really want to try their car at high speeds against a motorcyclist that has been to 165mph more times then I can remember...lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts