Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum, 1st post. I took the 05 goat for a test drive last night and was wondering what kind of prices I can expect to pay for it. Salesman quoted me $36,000 out the door but that seems awfullyl high. Really like the car just don't want to be taken to the cleaners. :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
They are going for list which is basically $34,000 plus you have TTL so $36K may be about right. No incentive to go below MSRP when its just out and 04s are still around. My brother looked at GTOs in FL last weekend and they were talking about being marked up above MSRP at some dealers in the area. There is a GM Loyalty discount of $1500 if you own a GM product right now. This price is cheap compared to what the Aussie's and Brit's have to pay (50 to 100% more than the US). Also a deal when you compare it to the Vette or CTS-V.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
depends where u live.

Here in FL stealers are marking them up from a couple of thousand to several thousand. They can shove their GTOs up their asses.

I have started to look for cars in the northern states & will probably pay to have it shipped down here. Or I will just wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I was quoted MSRP less $1000 plus a $1500 GM Loyalty Discount so I'm looking at $31,795 plus TT&L for an automatic. Yeah, I know there is a $1,300 gas Guzzler Tax but it's included in this price. I'm in a mid-life crisis and keep dreaming of the 69 Roadrunner <modified to 450 hp and street legal> that I used to love to drive. As a former Plymouth man, I have fond memories of running many a GTO in the "old" Days. I can now afford to get the car of my dreams and can only hope that this 05 Goat will prove to be an equal to my 69 Runner. There are no 05's to be found in my area just yet <Louisiana> . I'm taking delivery of the first to arrive at my dealer by the end of the week.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
I'm new here too...and I've been reading through ALOT of the posts. I definitely can afford an '05 GTO with the Sport Appearance Package (red on red, A4) and I intend on getting one. That's probably going to cost around 40k after taxes etc. right? I'm hoping to get the 1500 loyalty discount, and my father works for GM, so i'm hoping to get another discount.

I'm curious tho, in other posts I've read people saying to wait for GM to hand out rebates if the car isn't selling. For one, I'm way to anxious to wait, but if I do, how long do you think GM will wait until they start giving us a break on a new GTO? I definitely want this car for the summer...that's the longest I can wait. A part of me is afraid to wait too long because I don't want to get one that's been sitting around or used for test driving.

Any words of advice from anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
It amazes me the wide variance in prices based upon geographical regions.
I picked up '04 Torrid Red M6 at GM employee cost with 0% financing (late Nov). Of course, 4 days later GM increased the '04 rebate to $5,500 with 2.9% for 60 months. We knew that GM may do that, but we took the chance anyway.....
Currently, if you have a leased vehicle GM will pay up to $2,000 to terminate your lease early and put you in an '04 GTO ('05 excluded). This offer is not available for GMS pricing (www.gm.com/leaseoffer).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
GTOJon said:
I do, how long do you think GM will wait until they start giving us a break on a new GTO? I definitely want this car for the summer...that's the longest I can wait.

Any words of advice from anyone?
They usually start discounting in August. If you want one for the summer, then go ahead and buy in May.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
TexasRealtor said:
They usually start discounting in August. If you want one for the summer, then go ahead and buy in May.
Thanks. I think I might just wait til then (or at least try to!). So I can put a nice down payment on it and have DECENT monthy payments :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
GTOJon said:
I'm new here too...and I've been reading through ALOT of the posts. I definitely can afford an '05 GTO with the Sport Appearance Package (red on red, A4) and I intend on getting one. That's probably going to cost around 40k after taxes etc. right? I'm hoping to get the 1500 loyalty discount, and my father works for GM, so i'm hoping to get another discount.

I'm curious tho, in other posts I've read people saying to wait for GM to hand out rebates if the car isn't selling. For one, I'm way to anxious to wait, but if I do, how long do you think GM will wait until they start giving us a break on a new GTO? I definitely want this car for the summer...that's the longest I can wait. A part of me is afraid to wait too long because I don't want to get one that's been sitting around or used for test driving.

Any words of advice from anyone?
bp1281 - there will be no comparison. I restored a 67 Dodge Charger with a HO 383-4 w/ 4spd. I drove it for 15 years as my daily driver. Great Car but it was a muscle car in more than one sense of the word (took muscle to drive it). I then switched to a '99 Camaro Z-28 (Prior to that I said I never would own a GM let alone a Chevy) - a car well designed for the purpose it was intended. The Camaro was the best car I ever owned until I got this GTO. I look forward to driving it everyday - even if its just around the block. Its level of refinement - engine, suspension, comfort - take it way beyond the next level. You won't be disappointed!!! BTW, 450 HP in the 60's was at the crank and so the 400 HP you get from the LS2 will water your eyes!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Give it a month or two and you could save a bunch of money. All the color/tranny combos will still be available then and you can get a feel for how they are selling. If sales are brisk, get one then. If sales are sluggish and people start looking forward to the '06 then it's deja vu all over again for GM with the GTO, they start slicing and dicing the prices. The '05 GTO just rolled out but GM is already 5 months into the normal model years selling cycle. Also, maybe GM comes out with a special color like they did last year with the Pulse Red and you'll be happy with that, or not, who knows. If you gotta have it now you will pay for that priviledge, that's what the dealers are counting on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Xman said:
bp1281 - there will be no comparison. I restored a 67 Dodge Charger with a HO 383-4 w/ 4spd. I drove it for 15 years as my daily driver. Great Car but it was a muscle car in more than one sense of the word (took muscle to drive it). I then switched to a '99 Camaro Z-28 (Prior to that I said I never would own a GM let alone a Chevy) - a car well designed for the purpose it was intended. The Camaro was the best car I ever owned until I got this GTO. I look forward to driving it everyday - even if its just around the block. Its level of refinement - engine, suspension, comfort - take it way beyond the next level. You won't be disappointed!!! BTW, 450 HP in the 60's was at the crank and so the 400 HP you get from the LS2 will water your eyes!!
Geez all this talk...now how am I supposed to wait til May to pick one up, nevermind waiting for a discount :willy: Put it this way...I'll be lucky if I'll be able to wait til May...on second thought, I'd be more lucky to get it sooner huh :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
vrb747 said:
depends where u live.

Here in FL stealers are marking them up from a couple of thousand to several thousand. They can shove their GTOs up their asses.

I have started to look for cars in the northern states & will probably pay to have it shipped down here. Or I will just wait.
Look in the NW, SD. ND. MT. WY etc. I can find 05's for $31547 to $32300 all day long. Then if you know some one in MT. tag it there for the 1st 6 months and you get out of paying sales tax :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Just my $.02. There is probably going to be a major overlap for the 05/06 model year, since production of the 06 will start in the May/June time frame. Which means there will be alot of 05s, based on sales of course, on dealer lots when the 06s start to arrive in the "normal" September/October timeframe. My dealer here in WI is not getting any 05s until March. So, seven months later dealers will be getting 06s. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I think, again, based on sales, there will be deals to be had on the 05s just like there still are on the 04s. Tough decision, I know. I wanted to get an 05, but the deal was too good on the 04, so I took the plunge. Good luck!!! :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
I would bet the 18" wheels become standard, the spoiler becomes a dealer installed option, the flat hood option gets dropped, and they add something like memory seats.

What are your guesses? Mechanically I bet it stays the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
I wonder if the '06 GTO will be like the '99-'00 Contour SVT. The '00 was just the left over production for the '99. That might explain why they have been holding the '05 back trying to move the '04.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
98 Posts
bluhaven said:
New to this forum, 1st post. I took the 05 goat for a test drive last night and was wondering what kind of prices I can expect to pay for it. Salesman quoted me $36,000 out the door but that seems awfullyl high. Really like the car just don't want to be taken to the cleaners. :party:
You need to ask yourself if it would be in your best interest to wait until fall and pay many thousands less, possibly 8-10 thousand less as was seen on the 04's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
With Porsches and even high production cars like the RX7 it seems somebody walked up to the assembly line stepped in between two cars and pointed to the car in front and said that is last years model, then turned around and said that is next years model.

I had an 85 RX7 that was made i believe in June of 84 while my buddy that lived across the street from me had an 84 300ZX that was made in July of 84. Who had the older car?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top