Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best price I have found on an '05 6 speed is invoice plus $200 ($32,067.)

Think these things are going to take off this year or are we going to see big discounts later in the year????

·
Registered
35 Posts
With the way gas prices are headed, I'd bet they will be making deals in a while.
Also, get a GM Mastercard; it gives 5% credit on purchases toward all GM vehicles, including credit from credit card down payments on your GM vehicle.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Took all of 15 minutes to get a dealer down to invoice, $31,200 for an 05 M6 in March.
I did shop a second dealer who would not go below $500 over invoice.

As for waiting, there are certain to be deals later in the model year. On the other hand, selection of gearbox and color will get narrower. Plus there aren't many being made this year. I found what I thought was a good value and jumped in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I couldn't wait anymore! I bought mine a month ago after waiting 6 months for the '05's to come in. Almost bought an '04 a few times due to the rebates, but I held out. No regrets. :cheers The cars a blast when you nail it. Jumping from 6th to 4th at 75mph will bark the tires, and I'm averaging 22.5 per gallon now that it's broken in some with 2200 miles. It is mostly highway driving though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
jterp said:
Best price I have found on an '05 6 speed is invoice plus $200 ($32,067.)

Think these things are going to take off this year or are we going to see big discounts later in the year????
Don't wait too long! 05 is a limited production year. Only 12,000 will be made this year. If the LS2 remains for next year it will undoubtedly be equiped with DOD (displacement on demand) which speculatively could cost some throttle response. There might not even be a next year, which would have an effect on remaining inventories of GTOs. There appears to be a $1000 rebate right now. If you're not qualified for other discounts, now might be an optimum time to buy. Don't be afraid to travel a few miles to get your best deal.

I bought my GTO by email & phone (pending satifactory test drive and inspection). I got a decent deal (below sticker), considering it was the only 05 I found within 100 miles, I was happy.

Gas prices may be causing some trepidation amoung buyers now, but ultimately cooler heads will prevail.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would think there's a definite possibility that this car will become a collectible in the future. Given it's low production numbers, hyper performance and world class quality and uncertain future, if we're lucky enough to be the only 12,000 guys to own this car, that at minimum, it will have good resale.

·
Registered
674 Posts
GTOfreak said:
I would think there's a definite possibility that this car will become a collectible in the future. Given it's low production numbers, hyper performance and world class quality and uncertain future, if we're lucky enough to be the only 12,000 guys to own this car, that at minimum, it will have good resale.
I'm not a betting man, but I would bet the S&P, any Honda, and the tuna sandwich I had yesterday would have better resale.

Unless you want to wait say 25 years, then I take the Honda and tuna off the table, and replace it with QQQ (nasdaq 100), and the tuna sandwich that was under Oscar Madison's bed.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Tom said:
I'm not a betting man, but I would bet the S&P, any Honda, and the tuna sandwich I had yesterday would have better resale.

Unless you want to wait say 25 years, then I take the Honda and tuna off the table, and replace it with QQQ (nasdaq 100), and the tuna sandwich that was under Oscar Madison's bed.
Yep! Screw the resale. Buy it to drive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't think yoy are making an investment if you are going to use the car unless you keep it until it is an antique.

Wife's 16 year old BMW convertible with 10,000 miles and never seen winter or rain went from $32k purchase price to current book value of under $5k.
We will never be able to sell it now as it's as new and worth much more in OUR eyes. Don't fool yourselves.

Buy it to use it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.