Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
05' hood not available yet. I goes for over $950. I will patiently wait till it gets here. rear bumper set up will be available as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The fiberglass hood from pfyc will be more expensive after painting than the GM hood, but it is a fully functional ram air hood. I have one being shipped to me at this time. It also has louvers to vent some of the hot air out of the engine bay.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
roadracer said:
The fiberglass hood from pfyc will be more expensive after painting than the GM hood, but it is a fully functional ram air hood. I have one being shipped to me at this time. It also has louvers to vent some of the hot air out of the engine bay.

Thank all of you for your help. I will be waiting on the 05 hood to come out.
Not a big fan of fiberglass.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Fiberglass hoods work fine. Look at the Corvette and the F-Bodies just for starters. Any weight savings in the heavy GTO is much appreciated for me. The only reason I would change hoods is to save weight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1COOLPC said:
Fiberglass hoods work fine. Look at the Corvette and the F-Bodies just for starters. Any weight savings in the heavy GTO is much appreciated for me. The only reason I would change hoods is to save weight.

I just dont like a plain hood. I had a 86 vette and the hood was fine being fiberglass but it came that way.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The hood being fiberglass isn't a big deal. It's as strong, if not stronger than what is now on the car. The old Dodge Challenger and Plymouth Roadrunners had fiberglass hoods. The weight savings is a big plus and it allows for smooth molded air channels for the ram air. You just need to pick a good body shop to do the prep and paint. Someone with Vette expeiriance will fit the bill.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My hood came in today. I'm taking the goat to the body shop this afternoon. I'll post a pic for you when I get the car back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts