Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my local dealer got in an 05 today. Red on red. Sorry to say but I was dissappointed. It looks better in pics.
Being accustomed to seeing the big, muscular scoops
on my Ram Air T/A left me squinting to see these tiny scoops.
It wasn't ready to be test driven yet. So I'm not sure if I'll fall
in love with the car yet or not. I'm betting I can wait until my 40th birthday in Oct. and pick one up for under $30k. Sorry guys, the looks still aren't there. If the Vette is selling slow with all its bells buttons and whistles and 400 Hp , the GTO will still be a slow seller again for sure. Maybe the 18 inch wheels will help. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
I don't get it... How big do hood scoops need to be before the car gets the "look"?

It's starting to irritate me when I read magazines, or hear people talk about the GTO's bland styling. I think everyone is still a little shell-shocked with the appearance of the Lancer Evolution, and anything that doesn't scream out "rice rocket" looks bland.

Grr, if someone wants to make their GTO stand out in the Fast and Furious crowd, just spend a few hundred bucks on neon tubes, big aluminum wings, and flamethrower kits. Honestly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:willy: I hate the rice rocket look. I really want one these GTO's. I'm almost sure I'll be picking one up at a steal in a couple of months. My G35 has a look, not ricer, but a look. The new vette has it. My Ram Air T/A Vert gets stares and people ask me about it all the time, it's a unique car. The GTO just wont quite get that kinda attention. It could, have you seen some of the aftermarket hoods? I just dont get what GM is thinking. Just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
The look of my GTO is growing on me! More importantly, I love driving it and the interior is comfortable. Now I think my T/A seats suck!
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
tuners beware!!!!!

look out for the bland dodge stratus,code enforcement,cavalier looking,
wonder from down unda!!! my holden goat will smoke your overbuilt
big rimmed trash can muffler no back pressure piece of cheap jap crap
good day "bait"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Well honestly guys a ton of people have said the car is a bit on the bland side. It is opinion but many have said it. Whatever. I like the car Red on Red with the SAP. Anyway else TO ME is a bit bland looking. I have a picture of a black 04 on my desk at work and well if you look at it quick it could be mistaken for other Pontiacs. Some like the planer look which is cool.

I think the more people that do not like the GTO still after the 05 comes out is better for me cause then I will get a red on red 05 for much cheaper. :cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
II-Savy said:
Well honestly guys a ton of people have said the car is a bit on the bland side. It is opinion but many have said it. Whatever. I like the car Red on Red with the SAP. Anyway else TO ME is a bit bland looking. I have a picture of a black 04 on my desk at work and well if you look at it quick it could be mistaken for other Pontiacs. Some like the planer look which is cool.

I think the more people that do not like the GTO still after the 05 comes out is better for me cause then I will get a red on red 05 for much cheaper. :cool
Too much red, IMO. Black on red = the best combo. Oh wait, what do you know, that's what I have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
:)

Yea...the first time I saw those seats I went YEA WOW! Kinda too much...and I like it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Whiteshadow said:
I don't get it... How big do hood scoops need to be before the car gets the "look"?

It's starting to irritate me when I read magazines, or hear people talk about the GTO's bland styling. I think everyone is still a little shell-shocked with the appearance of the Lancer Evolution, and anything that doesn't scream out "rice rocket" looks bland.

Grr, if someone wants to make their GTO stand out in the Fast and Furious crowd, just spend a few hundred bucks on neon tubes, big aluminum wings, and flamethrower kits. Honestly.
hey now, wangs and such are dumb, but flamethrower kits are a thing of beauty. It was all the rage in the 50's and so on, most of you were alive back then....you remember
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
ramairws6 said:
look out for the bland dodge stratus,code enforcement,cavalier looking,
wonder from down unda!!! my holden goat will smoke your overbuilt
big rimmed trash can muffler no back pressure piece of cheap jap crap
good day "bait"
Dude...whatever :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
ok thanks. That would almost be too much for me though purple/purple, But this is why we live in the U.S.A.! :cheers
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top