Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got mine 3 wks ago and loving it!! Got my 1000 miles on her and gonna drain/check the oil in her to see how the motors breaking in. My q is: has anybody seen any mod kiits for 05's yet? Just seen for 04's. Heard diablo is the way to go for tuners and k/n for cai? Someone told me the 05's only have a topend of 145, is this true? How about putting car alarms on an 05? Any info will b greatly appreciated!!!!! Thx.......Dave.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
GTODAVE05 said:
Hi all, just got mine 3 wks ago and loving it!! Got my 1000 miles on her and gonna drain/check the oil in her to see how the motors breaking in. My q is: has anybody seen any mod kiits for 05's yet? Just seen for 04's. Heard diablo is the way to go for tuners and k/n for cai? Someone told me the 05's only have a topend of 145, is this true? How about putting car alarms on an 05? Any info will b greatly appreciated!!!!! Thx.......Dave.
I haven't seen any mod kits yet, but I'm sure GTODEALER will let us know what is out there.
Car&Driver hit the 158mph limiter with theirs. I'd think with 400 hp and good aerodynamics that 165 to 170 should be easily do-able. Remember, this is the same engine that is pushing Vette's to 185-190.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kewl thx for the info!!! Hope gtodealer reads this and can also helpme out. Does anybody put a car alarm system on theirs yet?? Heard diablo best for tuners havent really heard about them.....Dave

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Just a heads up, I'm reading and as soon as I get info or hear I will definetly let everyone know!!! I appreciate ya's confidence in me and I will not dissapoint! :cheers

·
Registered
170 Posts
GTOdealer-

Also please let us know if you hear of any body-kits for the 05. My local dealership said the appearance package is not an option any more because they didn't make enough?!?! Basically looking for a killer spoiler, front and rear fascia, and 18' wheels.

thanks!
dk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts