Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
hard to say, just remember that every car made will have a recall and TSB of some sort. not all cars experience it, but ones that do just get fixed and you go on with your ride. Make sure you have a good dealer though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aiight thanks man, do u happen to know the best dealer in the New York Queens area and do u know if the later production 2005 GTO's have all there recalls fixed?

How much u think i can get a 2005 for compared to a 2006?

G

·
I got a deal on an 05 here in VA for $25,800 but cant jump on it due to the situation I am in. The deals can be had ANYWHERE, you just gotta have cash in hand and be ready to buy. Or at least, have them THINK you have cash in hand. Once the deal is made, they cant back out.

as for the later models, I would venture to say most of the later 05 models did get built with the right materials.

I will check the NY area for ya and see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would consider an 06...........they are starting to arrive at the dealerships now,the 05's are already being considered leftovers and most have been sitting outside on the dealers lots for quite some time now although you should be able to negotiate a great deal on one.......I found one a couple of weeks ago in the color/trans combo I was looking for it already had 400 test drive miles on it I offered 28000 but the dealer wouldn't go for it so I ordered an 06 for 31000

·
Registered
454 Posts
dealer said 8 weeks(that was 2 weeks ago) but did tell me that he had put in an order a week earlier that was not buit yes so possibly he could add my car to that order and get it quicker...........I can wait ,need time to clear out some room in the garage for a second car anyway

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
We are just now getting our 06's and we ordered them 3 months ago. 8 weeks is unrealistic for a car that they have to ship from Australlia.

I'd make your decision on two things.

1. How are you going to pay for it? Lease, finance, cash. 06 will lease the best, 05's will finance the best, and 04 will be the cheapest to pay cash for.

2. How long are you planning on owning the car? If for a year or two then lease an 06 and roll on. If for 3 to 5 years then I'd say get the one that you want the most. Like Mike said, if a faster seat is important then get an o6. If it is not important then roll an 05.If you are keeping the car for more than 54 years(really keeping it for that long) then get the car that you want. It really does not matter what rate or what price. I know guys that financed their cars for 84 months because they are keeping theirs until the wheels fall off or if the value goes through the roof, which is possible.

G

·
I did get an email from you a few weeks ago, yeah, but we both know I aint got that kinda loot sitting around. Any better deals floating around now?

·
Registered
454 Posts
well the last dealer I tried to order my car from told me 7-8 months(could it be that he just wanted me to take an 05 off his hands?),I did get in writing that if car I ordered is not here in 12 weeks I can get my deposit back so I guess some dealers are either ignorant or full of the typical car dealer BS
at any rate I would NEVER pay over invoice for the car

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.