Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washed the goat today only to discover that the paint is peeling off on the passenger side rocker panel!! Crap!! I had read that this had been a problem, but figured that it had been fixed for the new models. Almost 30% of the paint is gone and the rest is starting to flake. Good thing I bought Phantom Black because it's hard to see unless you know it's there since the plastic that is painted on is black. Should be covered under warranty, though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If the dealership wont fix it go straight to GM, it should be covered under the warrenty but some dealers try to get away with shi$ like that. I have had several paint problems with GM's and some of the dealers have tried to turn down warrenty clames, GM will jump in there a$$ if they do.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I've been hearing about this but haven't seen it yet. Can you post a picture of this?

This is either a paint application problem -- where the injection molded rocker wasn't properly prepped before painting -- or a transit damage problem -- where a strap on the boat or the positioning of the car on the carrier created some rubbing. You never know, it could even have been caused by some longshoreman's error.

The good news is that it's on a piece of the car that can very easily be removed and redone. If it was a steel fender or front bumper -- that would be a disaster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.