Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
GTODEALER said:
I know that they are double sided taped to your existing front fascia and if the area isn't prepped correctly then it will peel off...... take it back where you had it done and they should take care of it... :cheers
I haven't installed it on yet. I have read the thread over at the other site and looked at the DMS site concerning these issues. GM isn't including the kits with the fascia yet so unless someone knows a pt# for it, I will figure something out myself using the DMS site as a guide.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My is coming off. At least the passenger side near the headlamp. There is a gap big enough to fit two nickels through it. I took it back to the dealer. They will not touch it cause there was a scrape mark on the bottom of the bumper on the drivers side. So not covered by warranty. I do not work in a body shop, but what i do know would think that the scrape on the bottom has nothing to do with the passenger side coming undone.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Norcal9 said:
My is coming off. At least the passenger side near the headlamp. There is a gap big enough to fit two nickels through it. I took it back to the dealer. They will not touch it cause there was a scrape mark on the bottom of the bumper on the drivers side. So not covered by warranty. I do not work in a body shop, but what i do know would think that the scrape on the bottom has nothing to do with the passenger side coming undone.
Read this, take notes and then go see your dealer
http://community.webshots.com/album/259308251GRYRfp/0

Then call CS or ask for the regional rep. This is an on going problem with more than just yours.

·
Registered
674 Posts
and you wonder why gm is losing market share!

take a car the australian engineers did a good job on, then let the american bean counters add stuff to it that falls off after a week.

im glad i took my spoiler off. this way i know it wont fall off before the lease expires!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Tom said:
and you wonder why gm is losing market share!

take a car the australian engineers did a good job on, then let the american bean counters add stuff to it that falls off after a week.

im glad i took my spoiler off. this way i know it wont fall off before the lease expires!
I've had about three calls now from GMNA and I keep telling them the same thing.

The factory skirts have two clips that hold the top trailing edge up. The SAP skirts...... TAPE. WTF

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Norcal9 said:
I believe we have communicated on the other site. You need to bring your vehicle by and let me see it to se what I can do for you.

dms
mike

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I presented this question to see what the responses are. I think there will be problems wih 75*80% of all front fascia SAP installs when there is wet, climate changes. We have done several, doing it by the book nd had some come loose. Only happened when exposed to cold rainy weather. DMS has developed a new method for installing using bolts. This method has been checked out by GM and has gone thru the complete durability and certification process and passed. In fact, at some point it will be the new standard for install. the manufacturer will be making hardware kits to speed up the installation process. They installed 2 of them with us with great success. The problem appears to be caused by differences in expansion between the 2 units. At some point, and I do not know how they will do it, the kit will become part of the front fascia install.

dms

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.