Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes 05 stalls out from time to time and feels like it runs out of gas then you can restart it and sometimes not have any more problems :willy: or it may die again a mile down the road no ryme or reason. The dealer says they need it to quit on them and of course you know it never does. Thanks for your help btw I have a annoying rattle under the drivers side dash???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK 7 pages into this forum I have that damn rattle figured out why the hell are they selling cars and not telling the service depts about this problem it has been in twice for the same rattle and we have 2k miles on it.

G

·
shewbart said:
My wifes 05 stalls out from time to time and feels like it runs out of gas then you can restart it and sometimes not have any more problems :willy: or it may die again a mile down the road no ryme or reason. The dealer says they need it to quit on them and of course you know it never does. Thanks for your help btw I have a annoying rattle under the drivers side dash???
my car, the cavalier, did the exact same damn thing! Go back to your dealer and have them check the IAT sensor. That stands for "inlet air temperature". Mine was reading 30 degrees at all times and dumping god awful amounts of fuel into the engine, causing it to stall.

·
Registered
910 Posts
shewbart said:
The stalling issue should show up on the the computer if the dealer takes the time to plug into it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
shewbart said:
Try driving with the other BIG key, (you did get three keys, right?)

Maybe the antitheft part of your big key is screwed up. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
When you say it feels like it runs out of gas, does this mean it spits and sputters before it dies or just quits altogether?

If it quits outright, it could be an ignition problem (e.g. ignition module failing that controls the coils). Spitting and sputtering could be anything from fuel pump dying out to a sensor problem. I am surprised there has been no codes stored though. I'm curious to learn what the final solution becomes. Hopefully, the dealer will be present when the problem occurs and the solution is found.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.