Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Goat back from Rick at Synergy motorsports in Fremont. I had AFR 225 heads and a low compression (very mild) cam custom made by Rick installed. Along w/ SLP 1 3/4" LT headers, full borla exhaust w/ high flow cats, and LS2 edit. I was very impressed w/ 430.2rwhp, and 395.4trq. Next is suspension, and then 8psi APS twin turbo. Just thought I would share w/ GTO lovers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oakfan52 said:
nice. if you don't mind my asking about how much did that run you? I am looking at driving to AZ to AZ power and sound, but i've also heard good things anout synergy. They are a lot closer too.
Heads and cam installed with tune ran me just under $6,000. And synergy is one of the best tune shops in the bay area. They are on the cover of corvette magazine this month. I am very pleased with their work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
wildchildm39 said:
Heads and cam installed with tune ran me just under $6,000. And synergy is one of the best tune shops in the bay area. They are on the cover of corvette magazine this month. I am very pleased with their work.
so that was arround 6K for heads and cam right? you must have already had the Lt headers and cat back?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Did the drivability change much? You said you went with a relatively "small" cam, are we talking 22x/22x-114 small or 20x/20x-116 small?
Either way, nice gains. We need BURNOUT VIDEOS!!! :willy:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
baron_iv said:
Did the drivability change much? You said you went with a relatively "small" cam, are we talking 22x/22x-114 small or 20x/20x-116 small?
Either way, nice gains. We need BURNOUT VIDEOS!!! :willy:
Drivability is about the same. It lopes down to 4 or 5 hundred RPM when you push in the clutch, but only a couple of times. Other than that it idles normally.

Truthfully cam size I have not even found out yet. I know it is set up for 8- 10psi. I will post when I find out.

The thing is a blast to drive. It sounds sick. And I can't stop roasting the tires.

Thanks Rick

·
431.0 rwhp, 391.9 rwtq
77 Posts
What type of dyno...Mustang?

·
431.0 rwhp, 391.9 rwtq
77 Posts
wildchildm39 said:
I don't take my car anywere that has to do with a mustang. It was done w/ HP tuner. So those are rear wheel #'s. 91 octane too. BTW how did you get that sun roof? It was'nt listed on my options. And how did you post your #'s under your name?
I realize it's rwhp that's listed. I was just asking if it was tuned on a Mustang Dyno or a Dynojet Dyno because the Mustang Dyno's numbers come in lower. The reason I asked is I have an 04 with AFR 205's and you have an 05 with 225's so I thought your numbers should be a little higher then mine so I thought maybe it was tuned on a different type of dyno then mine was. I also was tuned using HPtuners. Cam could be the difference though...how mild a cam is it? ...also my heads are milled for high compression.

The sunroof is the OEM unit used by Holden. I had it put in locally. http://www.webastoshowroom.com/pontiac_gto_710.htm

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GTO1_OHIO said:
I realize it's rwhp that's listed. I was just asking if it was tuned on a Mustang Dyno or a Dynojet Dyno because the Mustang Dyno's numbers come in lower. The reason I asked is I have an 04 with AFR 205's and you have an 05 with 225's so I thought your numbers should be a little higher then mine so I thought maybe it was tuned on a different type of dyno then mine was. I also was tuned using HPtuners. Cam could be the difference though...how mild a cam is it? ...also my heads are milled for high compression.

The sunroof is the OEM unit used by Holden. I had it put in locally. http://www.webastoshowroom.com/pontiac_gto_710.htm
I went with 225's and a very low compression cam (not sure of the lift, but I will eventually find out).This setup was recomended by Rick at Synergy, to meet the needs of up to 10 psi of turbo. But the compression is very low , and very streetable. My friend just got his GTO back exact same mods, only diffrence is I have cats, and he does not. He gained 5 more hp, and 15trq. Time to remove the cats. Hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.